No announcement yet.

Video: Japanese Boxer Tomoki "El Mexicanito" Kameda Speaks Fluent Spanish

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I Hate Thugs! View Post
    Maybe Mexicans that come to the US should do the same...but of course they have this sense of entitlement which is quite disgusting.....and this is coming from a Mexican-American.

You even see it with Canelo, the guy has been here for years and chooses not to learn the language, yet boxers like GGG and Kovalev make an effort to learn it and respond to interviews in English. Even Cotto and Pac speak English. Hell this Japanese guy speaks fluent Spanish after briefly living in MXexico

This is one of the reasons I am rooting against Canelo and rooting for Lara. Lara is a great example of how an immigrant should conduct himself. Canelo embodies the arrogance and sense of entitlement the majority of Mexicans that come to the US demonstrate.
    Do you wear blue contacts and bleach your skin?

Comment

Maybe Mexicans that come to the US should do the same...but of course they have this sense of entitlement which is quite disgusting.....and this is coming from a Mexican-American.

You even see it with Canelo, the guy has been here for years and chooses not to learn the language, yet boxers like GGG and Kovalev make an effort to learn it and respond to interviews in English. Even Cotto and Pac speak English. Hell this Japanese guy speaks fluent Spanish after briefly living in MXexico

This is one of the reasons I am rooting against Canelo and rooting for Lara. Lara is a great example of how an immigrant should conduct himself. Canelo embodies the arrogance and sense of entitlement the majority of Mexicans that come to the US demonstrate.
      Let me explain… Pacquiao speaks english because the Philippines is either the 2nd or 3rd country with the most english speakers in the world. Plus he is a congressmen and did you know the Philippines Constitution is not written in Tagalog or Filipino..no, it's written in English. Thus a necessity for him to learn the language in order to be effective as a government official in his own country. Cotto is from PR, they retain their beautiful culture but are part of the US. GGG and Kovalev are good examples at what you were trying to get to but Lara? He has been here since 2007 and has yet to master the language. Lara is an actual citizen of the USA while Canelo simply fights here, two completely different things. Even then Canelo can speak english enough to structure kindergarten sentences. Also, you need to realise that Mexicans come to the US for a better life like most other immigrants. Difference is most Mexicans have little to no education back home, so if they struggle to read,write and properly speak their own language, what makes you believe they will master a new one? You being Mexican American should have given you this insight hermano…

Think about it.. most of our parents come from Pueblos and come to the US for us to become something greater than them.. for us to achieve greatness. Most of our parents have little to no scholastic background..unlike immigrants that achieve the American Dream after being successful enough in their own country to actually pursue success in the US legitimately, most of ours come in the complete opposite manner. SO perhaps it's not their arrogance that hinders their progress in mastering the English language, but their lack of education on all levels.

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
      You're amazed by a guy being bilingual.
      Personally I'm more impressed by how Mexico actually accepted him and according to Kameda himself, provided a warm home. How he left his brothers in Japan at a young age to move to a country he hardly knew anything about and soak up the culture as well as learn the language. That's why I'm impressed .

Comment

Originally posted by humanpunchingbg View Post
        Do you wear blue contacts and bleach your skin?
        Americans can only be Caucasian?

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
          Let me explain… Pacquiao speaks english because the Philippines is either the 2nd or 3rd country with the most english speakers in the world. Plus he is a congressmen and did you know the Philippines Constitution is not written in Tagalog or Filipino..no, it's written in English. Thus a necessity for him to learn the language in order to be effective as a government official in his own country. Cotto is from PR, they retain their beautiful culture but are part of the US. GGG and Kovalev are good examples at what you were trying to get to but Lara? He has been here since 2007 and has yet to master the language. Lara is an actual citizen of the USA while Canelo simply fights here, two completely different things. Even then Canelo can speak english enough to structure kindergarten sentences. Also, you need to realise that Mexicans come to the US for a better life like most other immigrants. Difference is most Mexicans have little to no education back home, so if they struggle to read,write and properly speak their own language, what makes you believe they will master a new one? You being Mexican American should have given you this insight hermano…

Think about it.. most of our parents come from Pueblos and come to the US for us to become something greater than them.. for us to achieve greatness. Most of our parents have little to no scholastic background..unlike immigrants that achieve the American Dream after being successful enough in their own country to actually pursue success in the US legitimately, most of ours come in the complete opposite manner. SO perhaps it's not their arrogance that hinders their progress in mastering the English language, but their lack of education on all levels.

Personally I'm more impressed by how Mexico actually accepted him and according to Kameda himself, provided a warm home. How he left his brothers in Japan at a young age to move to a country he hardly knew anything about and soak up the culture as well as learn the language. That's why I'm impressed .
          Great post bro! You actually make some very valid points

Comment

how come mexican boxers cant speak english?

do take pride in not being able to speak a language of a country where they make their money in?

i mean these dudes cross over and cant wait to get to murica yet they cant speak the language?

GTFO.

Comment

OK? I guess that is cool, Nicholas Walters is Jamaican and he speaks Spanish As Well

Comment

Kinda HARSH but I totally get what you are saying, even learning just a little English wouldn't hurt if you live in the US and is making MILLIONS $$$ in the US. I think Angel Garcia said something like this during the build up of Danny Garcia vs Lucas Matthysse

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  OK? I guess that is cool, Nicholas Walters is Jamaican and he speaks Spanish As Well
                  Man Walters is a huge Feather he is going to knock Donaire out if they fight lol

Comment

Americans can only be Caucasian?
                    No, but you seemed embarrassed to be in your own skin. Are your parents immigrants? Do they speak fluent English?

Comment

Originally posted by humanpunchingbg View Post
                      No, but you seemed embarrassed to be in your own skin. Are your parents immigrants? Do they speak fluent English?
                      Bro you do know there are white Mexicans right? and many of the hispanic or latino people in America are listed as Caucasian.

Oscar, Robert Guerrero, Mauricio Herrera, Danny Garcia, Canelo, Angulo these guys are considered WHITE.

Comment

Working...
                      X