No announcement yet.

Was Rewatching Rd 10 Of Maidana vs May to See Maidana Counter Mays Pull Counter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
    Mayweather got hit in the chest area and was unfazed. You act as though his head got snapped back, the only reason it's still fresh in my mind it's because it was very unusual, Mayweather normally doesn't square up like that but Maidana never took advantage of it.
    It's hard to snap May's head back... He does all those neck ups with weights for a reason. The punch to me grazed may's chin and thumped at the base of his neck where it meets the sternum. May definitely did a little two step in that moment, whether it was just balance or not only he knows. Still a key moment for Maidana, and it went unnoticed by the crack Sho team.

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    So the fact that they didn't acknowledge the counter should result in Maidana winning the round?
    I believe Floyd went after Maidana after that moment and landed some lead rights, so it's whatever. There was a lot of back and forth ebb and flow type action between the two men where they were jockeying for momentum in that fight.

My overall point stands though. Sho's view of the fight was skewed for May in the latter half

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
      Fight was extermely close whoever says otherwise is lying to themself or if they truly believe that well glad you enjoy boxing for the entertainment but you dont really know the sport.

This the Pull Counter Counter'd that TS is talking about

Wasn't even close round by round, in terms of competitiveness somewhat. Also, horrible gif, gonna make one.

Comment

He wobbled him with that shot. I forgot how much Floyd showed his age in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          Wasn't even close round by round, in terms of competitiveness somewhat. Also, horrible gif, gonna make one.
          Be sure to post that gif up once you done, This gif isnt mines I just bookmarked it from another forum when I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
            Fight was extermely close whoever says otherwise is lying to themself or if they truly believe otherwise glad you enjoy boxing for the entertainment but you dont really know the sport.

This the Pull Counter Counter'd that TS is talking about

Maidana got there first and got there harder. Was just off by a couple inches. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Maidana got there first and got there harder. Was just off by a couple inches. Good stuff.
              Yup, just a few inches higher and oh boy! Floyd got lucky there.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Imagine if he doubled up on that right I think Mayweather would have went down his chin was wide up in the air ready to get tagged by anything maidana threw.

but you know "if all the rain drops were lemon drops and gumdrops what a rain it would be"

Comment

Right on the chest, missed opportunity

Comment

There is no way in hell Maidana was close to winning the 10th rd; the 8th rd is the only rd I would consider giving him after the 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                      It's hard to snap May's head back... He does all those neck ups with weights for a reason. The punch to me grazed may's chin and thumped at the base of his neck where it meets the sternum. May definitely did a little two step in that moment, whether it was just balance or not only he knows. Still a key moment for Maidana, and it went unnoticed by the crack Sho team.

I believe Floyd went after Maidana after that moment and landed some lead rights, so it's whatever. There was a lot of back and forth ebb and flow type action between the two men where they were jockeying for momentum in that fight.

My overall point stands though. Sho's view of the fight was skewed for May in the latter half
                      It didn't need to be mentioned, nothing really happened there. Also, Cotto's jab snapped Mayweather's head back on more than one occasion.

Comment

Working...
                      X