No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia Wants Maidana Lighter, Quicker For Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    It's not a great plan if maidana just isn't built that type of way. And he isn't. Never has been. His stamina is bad enough as it is. Messing with his fight weight at this point is generally a bad idea. Esp for the hope that it helps him box better. His boxing isn't what put him in that fight.
    I'm not talking about something too dramatic... 5 or ten less fight night pounds. Sacrifice some of that sheer size for speed, sharpness, and stamina. He could still do the similar tactics (with some tweaks) at a lighter weight. And he hasn't always blown up nearly 20 lbs, so..... I feel that was an Ariza brainchild actually. Let's send Maidana in the heaviest of his career... It didn't work, so they canned him.

Comment

It's best not to change anything, while I didn't think it was close Maidana still managed to put Mayweather right where he wanted him. I wouldn't want to change that at all. Coming in lighter will allow Mayweather to have more success grappling, this will in turn allow Floyd to create more room on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Stamina Stamina and more..........STAMINA! That's his only chance!!!

If he can maintain a high work rate for 9 rounds he will have his chance!
        Floyd will either come off the ropes quicker and use his lead right or start his clinches sooner.....................or both!
        The chopping over hand really bothered Floyd and it stopped him using his one punch counter more than a few times. You may see him slide off the ropes to his right! Then we'll see if Maidana recognizes this and begins to add the hook as the finish in combos. Canelo saw it and threw the punch but it was slow and wide and Floyd actually got his counter right in before Canelo could finish!
        Maidana needs to fight the same fight but he needs stronger rounds and more rounds. This is a fight of attrition. Floyd is confident or he'd just move on.
        Ray.
        True indeed my brother! He has to be able to brawl for at least 8 rounds. Maidana hates getting hit in the belly, and I think it's a conditioning problem. He did well against Broner, but he did get gassed. Cotto tried to pace himself, and lost. Canelo was too careful, and lost. This is why Manny was so dangerous. He could actually be in attack mode for 8-9 rounds. Manny's only defect is what Marquez exposed, his defense against a counter, and Floyd is much better than Marquez (not ONLY my opinion but Nacho's too). I still think Lara (now that Paul Williams is paralyzed) is the most dangerous fight for Floyd. His opponent must be able to beat him up physically, or match up mentally, preferably both. Maybe if Rigo weighed 145, he could get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          Stamina Stamina and more..........STAMINA! That's his only chance!!!

If he can maintain a high work rate for 9 rounds he will have his chance!
          Floyd will either come off the ropes quicker and use his lead right or start his clinches sooner.....................or both!
          The chopping over hand really bothered Floyd and it stopped him using his one punch counter more than a few times. You may see him slide off the ropes to his right! Then we'll see if Maidana recognizes this and begins to add the hook as the finish in combos. Canelo saw it and threw the punch but it was slow and wide and Floyd actually got his counter right in before Canelo could finish!
          Maidana needs to fight the same fight but he needs stronger rounds and more rounds. This is a fight of attrition. Floyd is confident or he'd just move on.
          Ray.
          Great post

Comment

Maidana fight night weights:

Vs May 165
            Vs Broner 161
            Vs Lopez 156.5

Aim for around 158-159... I say.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
              Maidana fight night weights:

Vs May 165
              Vs Broner 161
              Vs Lopez 156.5

Aim for around 158-159... I say.

Yea 158-159 would be the perfect weight for him, imo.

Damn 165 for the first fight? That's an all time high for Chino.

Comment

He lose his bullying tactics with the weight lose, MW won't be at the ropes to land the shots he landed in the first fight.

Comment

IDK, Id play to his attribute and work on power, but at the same time it's not likely Maidana will KO May.

Then again the judges wll never give him the fight if it's close. The best I'm hoping for is another close fight.

Comment

People have to admit though that Chino did better in the middle of the ring then everyone since May's return, and his jab was a huge tool in the fight. It landed consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Interesting. Would negate some of Maidana's advantages but maybe those shots that just whizzed by Mayweather's jaw actually land.
                      I think it wouldn't negate his advantages at all, he isn't going to lose that much power, power isn't only generated from weight/mass.

I think Garcia has a good gameplan, it should be a great fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X