Comments Thread For: Canelo Prepared For an Early Rush By Erislandy Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    That's what I was thinking.

If anyone is going to push the pace early in the fight it'll be Canelo, I don't imagine Lara coming out guns blazing.

Maybe Canelos high.
    Can Lara even come out guns blazing? I think coming off ripping combos from the get go is a decent strategy but ripping Lara's body to get his legs out of the game is the best thing Canelo could do early. I think that's what Canelo is going to go for. That way Lara's mobility is reduced significantly in the later rounds where Canelo tends to fade and he can attempt to walk him down. Not sure if that's his plan but it isn't as bad as trying to potshot him to a UD .

Seeing as how everyone is laughing it off, what would be the correct way to approach a moving boxer?

Comment

Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
      That is not Lara's style. He is a counter punching lefty. If Canelo's team was smart they would fight patiently and make Lara initiate the action in the beginning, then open up on him..Canelo better not try to out box Lara, transform that aggression into intellect, and out think Lara get him frustrated then open up on him. Lara's style is to counter you all night, frustrate you then go for the kill..
      You're correct .... Patience is the key for Canelo. But I'm betting that he loses his cool and tries to charge Lara - Its a machismo thing.

Comment

Preparing for the rush at the wrong time

Lara UD 12 boxing masterclass.

Comment

He said he's never had any problems with lefties. Obviously he didn't watch the Mayweather fight

Comment

Originally posted by keyz3r0 View Post
            Lara needs to shut up cuz with 12ko's all of a sudden he's trying to come off like he's some hardcore threat.. reminds me of Bradley's mouth with his rematch with Pacquiao..

Same thing with Canelo.. he needs to shut up cuz look at what happened when he talked the talk against Mayweather, but couldn't walk the walk.. Which reminds me lol what did his brother do with that tattoo he got that said 42-0 heh.... Basically... they both need to "SHUT UP AND FIGHT"! Save the talking for the girls.
            Sure, why not. Hey, and let's have NO press conferences or promotional tours. After all, we don't want to sell the fight. We just want the fight to happen. Audiences? He!! we don't need them either. Purses? Absolutely not! Didn't you read the last sentence? I said no audiences, no money. Everybody in the fight biz works for free! The venue is free, the EMTS, judges, trainers, fighters, everything is free. There is absolutely no reason to give interviews even. Hey, stop promoting the fight for chrissakes!

HA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by keyz3r0 View Post
              Lara needs to shut up cuz with 12ko's all of a sudden he's trying to come off like he's some hardcore threat.. reminds me of Bradley's mouth with his rematch with Pacquiao..

Same thing with Canelo.. he needs to shut up cuz look at what happened when he talked the talk against Mayweather, but couldn't walk the walk.. Which reminds me lol what did his brother do with that tattoo he got that said 42-0 heh.... Basically... they both need to "SHUT UP AND FIGHT"! Save the talking for the girls.
              Actually I found that Canelo's words were not aggressive and he is respecting Lara. It's good to see that at least one of the two is not engaged on the trash talking. As I said in another thread, Lara has talked so much that everything short of spectacular would back fire on him. Lara needs to demonstrate that he is at least 150 % better than Saul.

Comment

Originally posted by caliAv View Post
                He said he's never had any problems with lefties. Obviously he didn't watch the Mayweather fight
                Mayweather doesn't use a southpaw stance you freaking troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                  Can Lara even come out guns blazing? I think coming off ripping combos from the get go is a decent strategy but ripping Lara's body to get his legs out of the game is the best thing Canelo could do early. I think that's what Canelo is going to go for. That way Lara's mobility is reduced significantly in the later rounds where Canelo tends to fade and he can attempt to walk him down. Not sure if that's his plan but it isn't as bad as trying to potshot him to a UD .

Seeing as how everyone is laughing it off, what would be the correct way to approach a moving boxer?
                  Ideally that would be a good plan, if Lara didn't have good power and better counter punching ability.

Canelo better leave his concrete boots at home on July 12th

Comment

Originally posted by caliAv View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                      !!

This whole article is funny some Canelo fan go tell him Lara turns it on later in the fight that boy's gameplan is confused.

Comment

Working...
                      X