No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara is one dimensional!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erislandy Lara is one dimensional!

He boxes, cant switch rhythm and uses the same choreography. I swear, every fight I watch of his its the same as the last fight.

Whats he gonna do with somebody who can box and brawl and can switch up the rhythm?

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
    He boxes, cant switch rhythm and uses the same choreography. I swear, every fight I watch of his its the same as the last fight.

Whats he gonna do with somebody who can box and brawl and can switch up the rhythm?
    lol I don't disagree with this. Frankly, Lara bores me. He's good at what he does, but he just does the same thing over and over. You have to admit it's effective, though. I don't think Canelo will crack through.

Comment

That's not true actually. As a matter of fact, Austin Trout was quoted as saying that it was extremely difficult to pick up Lara's rhythm because he gave so many different looks.

In terms of having difficulty facing a fighter that can box or brawl, it all depends on what else that fighter brings to the table.

Comment

At first glance it looks that way but watch Austin Trout's interview. Lara is a very sneaky and tricky fighter and is much more difficult to deal with than what you see from fight footage.

Comment

Originally posted by northstar View Post
          That's not true actually. As a matter of fact, Austin Trout was quoted as saying that it was extremely difficult to pick up Lara's rhythm because he gave so many different looks.

In terms of having difficulty facing a fighter that can box or brawl, it all depends on what else that fighter brings to the table.
          Originally posted by PBP View Post
          At first glance it looks that way but watch Austin Trout's interview. Lara is a very sneaky and tricky fighter and is much more difficult to deal with than what you see from fight footage.
          It doesn't surprise me. What the layperson sees and the subtleties that are apparent when you're actually facing a fighter can be very different. As I said before, Lara bores me. He appears to do the same things over and over. But there's a reason why a good boxer like Trout found him so hard to figure out. There's more than meets the (untrained) eye.

Comment

He has a very limited range of things he does in the ring, but he does them very well.

Comment

and that might be enough to beat Canelo

Comment

Yea but Austin Trout is not all that great himself. Dont get me wrong im a fan of his but when Canelo fought him he tried to outbox Trout. He didnt try to get on the inside and bang him out.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  It doesn't surprise me. What the layperson sees and the subtleties that are apparent when you're actually facing a fighter can be very different. As I said before, Lara bores me. He appears to do the same things over and over. But there's a reason why a good boxer like Trout found him so hard to figure out. There's more than meets the (untrained) eye.
                  Here is a nice video to start.

Comment

Yea but Austin Trout is not all that great himself. Dont get me wrong im a fan of his but when Canelo fought him he tried to outbox Trout. He didnt try to get on the inside and bang him out.
                    I was wondering who was gonna be the first one to come in here and say this as part of their argument. Trout is a damn BOXER who shared the ring with BOTH guys. You obviously know more than the guy right?

Like CubanGuy said, you might see something thru the TV but when you're in there with the guy its a different ball game.

Comment

Working...
                    X