No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia on Breaking Away From Alex Ariza

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia on Breaking Away From Alex Ariza

Robert Garcia is currently busy getting his fighters ready for their upcoming assignments as Brandon Rios is gearing up for his fight August 2nd and Marcos Maidana is due this week to begin getting ready for hopefully his rematch with Floyd Mayweather. The only difference this time is Robert will be doing it without the help of strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza.

News broke a few weeks ago that Garcia and his fighters would no longer be using the services of Ariza who had previously worked with Marcos Maidana, Mikey Garcia and Brandon Rios. The pairing initially looked to be a good one but things have changed recently and Garcia and his fighters have decided to take things back to how they used to be.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Everyone is kicking Ariza to the curb.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
      Everyone is kicking Ariza to the curb.
      Serves both Ariza and Garcia well. They tried to get back at Roach and it failed. Seems like Ariza is a real problem instead of being a help.

Comment

Come on Robert, have a bit of respect for us and for yourself. You either tell us what the matter is, or tell us you won't comment. What's this nonsense about fighters "just" deciding they don't need Ariza? Ariza's the best in the world at what he does, but suddenly all the fighters decide one by one that they prefer "old school" and Robert has no choice but to agree? Can't imagine any of the other high profile trainers saying rubbish like that.

Comment

Ariza is a dodgy dude. Garcia shouldnt have even took him on at the start.

Comment

Fighters probably don't want to pay him anymore.

Comment

cant wait for that tell all book from ariza!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skills-Kill View Post
                Serves both Ariza and Garcia well. They tried to get back at Roach and it failed. Seems like Ariza is a real problem instead of being a help.
                honestly i feel they picked ariza up only to get in roach's head. i remember garcia making a comment during the pac vs rios fight, garcia said they heard roach fired ariza and since ariza has been doing a great job with manny so why not bring him into the team. and garcia said it with a smurk on his face then look how fast ariza got dropped. LOL

Comment

There's a rule I have when I work a corner, I speak and nobody else does. If you want to talk to me about what you see, then tell me during the round and I will relay the message to the fighter if I think it's worth while.

One thing I noticed about Ariza, is he likes to give instructions in the corner. I have never heard of a strength and conditioning coach doing that. He's not a boxing coach, and doesn't know as much as Robert does so why does he speak in the corner?

He did the same with Freddie Roach and that would get on my nerves. When I am the second in the corner, I don't speak, I let the main trainer speak to the fighter. The more you talk to your fighter, the more you mix things up and confuse him. You need to be concise and to the point. I'm not saying that played a part, I just noticed that about Ariza.

Comment

Originally posted by 22k View Post
                    Fighters probably don't want to pay him anymore.
                    Thats exactly it. I bet Ariza dont come cheap.!

Comment

Working...
                    X