No announcement yet.

Maidana paid 1.5 million extra to switch gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
    Yeah, Contursi said that wasn't true but he didn't really denied that they were paid for changing gloves. Dan Rafael said they were paid 1.5 million, Steve Kim said months before they were paid "significant six figures". I believe Kim version is closer to reality. Hours before the fight someone from team Maidana revealed to argentine TV that they were waiting an offer to change Chino's gloves. So, there's no doubt they were paid, the only question is how much they were paid.

^^^^^^^^^^^this

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
      Yeah, Contursi said that wasn't true but he didn't really denied that they were paid for changing gloves. Dan Rafael said they were paid 1.5 million, Steve Kim said months before they were paid "significant six figures". I believe Kim version is closer to reality. Hours before the fight someone from team Maidana revealed to argentine TV that they were waiting an offer to change Chino's gloves. So, there's no doubt they were paid, the only question is how much they were paid.
      Dan Rafael said they were paid 1.5 million, Steve Kim said months before they were paid "significant six figures". I believe Kim version is closer to reality

Now this is a big? Months before? If so, what's the drama on the gloves the night before?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        No, the gloves were absolutely legal or there never would have been a debate over them. If the gloves were illegal the boxing commission would not have let Maidana wear them and Mayweather would not have had to pay him anything. Maidana didn't have an underground glove maker make him a special pair of gloves with very little padding. The gloves he wanted to use were a type of glove favored by punchers but they were regulation legal gloves that are used in major boxing matches. That Mayweather paid Maidana not to use them shows how much he respects Maidana's punching power.

It begun as just a gossip but now, it's already a fact? How gullible some people can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine Doe View Post
          What article did Contursi officially deny it? All I can find is this, which is not a denial of anything, at all.

How is that a denial. That could mean anything.

To people with some agenda, yeah, that could mean anything.

Comment

Okay but all we want to know is, if Maidana refused the glove payment would the fight of still been on?

Or is Mayweather really that type of dude that will cat out after signing?

Comment

Floyd did the same stunt to Marquez when he came overweight. Just paid the penalty. Viola! Welterweight Floyd fought a lightweight Marquez that night. Floyd is cancer to the sport. I can't wait for this fraud retires for real. Imagine if Floyd didn't puzzy out and allowed Maidana to wear his commission approved gloves?
              Last edited by straightleft; 07-05-2014, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine Doe View Post
                What article did Contursi officially deny it? All I can find is this, which is not a denial of anything, at all.

How is that a denial. That could mean anything.
                They got money, that's for sure, but it was nowhere even near to 1.5 million dollars. I don't even believe it was 500,000 dollars. 300,000 is closer to the truth and that's 1.2 million less than the ESPN amount.

Comment

Working...
                X