No announcement yet.

Amir Khan vs Robert Guerrero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Kotelnik and Malignaggi are orthodox fighters and were schooled just as handily.
    And neither can punch........ coincidence? I think not. All of the orthodox fighters with some kind of power in the last 4 years had him in trouble (aside from the journeyman Molina).

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
      And neither can punch........ coincidence? I think not. All of the orthodox fighters with some kind of power in the last 4 years had him in trouble (aside from the journeyman Molina).
      but khans chin is glass?

and how many ko's has Floyd scored in recent times?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        but khans chin is glass?

and how many ko's has Floyd scored in recent times?
        Yes. Malignaggi couldn't knock out a kitten. Just like Koltelnik.

If Floyd could knock out Hatton he can sure as hell knock out Khan, Hatton had a much better chin than Khan.

Floyd hits harder than people think which is why opponents punch outputs go down, he backed Canelo up..

Mind you Floyd is pretty much done right now, if Khan kept it to 2-3 punch combos for the whole night he could pull it off. The problem is though I don't think he would he was overzealous against Devon Alexander and Collazo (southpaws who don't have the snappy left hook from an orthodox stance) Khan would more than likely get KO'd by a check left hook.

Comment

Make up your mind though, which is it, the orthodox stance or the power?

Tim Bradley is one of the best orthodox fighters in the division, if that fight was made I would make Khan a heavy favorite, left hook or no left hook.

If he was fighting Manny Pacquiao, a southpaw, I'd pick Pacquiao because of the power in his left hand that I'd expect to land big at some point.

I think it has much less to do with stance, wins over world champions Kotelnik, Malignaggi, Maidana and (imo) Peterson render that pretty much a fallacy - likely rehashed by Mayweather fans to explain away his success.

Bottom line, no matter which stance a fighter has, if they can't hurt Khan, they're probably going to come off a distant second best.
          Last edited by Weebler I; 12-29-2014, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Make up your mind though, which is it, the orthodox stance or the power?

Tim Bradley is one of the best orthodox fighters in the division, if that fight was made I would make Khan a heavy favorite, left hook or no left hook.

If he was fighting Manny Pacquiao, a southpaw, I'd pick Pacquiao because of the power in his left hand that I'd expect to land big at some point.

Much less to do with stance, wins over world champions Kotelnik, Malignaggi, Maidana and (imo) Peterson render that pretty much a fallacy.
            Both. Like I said Malignaggi and Kotelnik couldn't knock out a kitten if they loaded up with all there might. Peterson was not a robbery but he was juiced to the gills (he's also not that good). And Maidana brutalised him in the championship rounds.

If Khan doubled up on the jab, threw one-twos and didn't throw any four punch combos he could pull it off. But he'd get overzealous and emotional and start overcommitting with the combos and get caught and TKO'd probably.

Comment

Both. Like I said Malignaggi and Kotelnik couldn't knock out a kitten if they loaded up with all there might. Peterson was not a robbery but he was juiced to the gills (he's also not that good). And Maidana brutalised him in the championship rounds.
              Maidana is an orthodox fighter with power, he lost.

Save for Thurman, the rest of the orthodox fighters at 147 all have less power than Maidana.

Comment

Maidana is an orthodox fighter with power, he lost.

Save for Thurman, the rest of the orthodox fighters at 147 all have less power than Maidana.

He lost but battered Khan in the process. Garcia had less power than Maidana but he still KO'd him, as did Prescott, Diaz won at least 5 rounds and hurt Khan. Your point is moot.

Comment

Yes. Malignaggi couldn't knock out a kitten. Just like Koltelnik.

If Floyd could knock out Hatton he can sure as hell knock out Khan, Hatton had a much better chin than Khan.

Floyd hits harder than people think which is why opponents punch outputs go down, he backed Canelo up..

Mind you Floyd is pretty much done right now, if Khan kept it to 2-3 punch combos for the whole night he could pull it off. The problem is though I don't think he would he was overzealous against Devon Alexander and Collazo (southpaws who don't have the snappy left hook from an orthodox stance) Khan would more than likely get KO'd by a check left hook.
                  The Hatton KO only came about because Hatton went for broke, face first and was exhausted being forced to fight at a weight he was never good at..see Collazo fight

Once in a lifetime knockout for Floyd, and has never happened again..Floyd hits about hard as Devon, lets face it

Comment

Kotelnik and Malignaggi are orthodox fighters and were schooled just as handily.
                    And recently kod by Garcia who is way better than kotelnikand damn near lost to Julio diaz

Comment

Malignaggi, Judah, and Maidana all lost their biggest fights.

Khan isn't some master boxer. Floyd wouldn't need to hurt him to win.

Comment

Working...
                      X