Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN puts Garcia/Salka fight on blast (MUST WATCH)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ßringer View Post
    It's not his fault. He's a shill for Al Haymon and his team of fighters. He's literally incapable of seeing why everybody is so pissed about this because he sees the world through Haymon-tinted sunglasses - Any fight involving a Haymon fighter is a good fight.

I remember talking to him here years ago, I used to read his posts then, he was a totally different person. Now he's just another muppet who sides with money over everything. He's a perfect example of the "if it makes dollars it makes sense" line of thinking.

Hopefully everybody else either avoids this card entirely or streams it so Showtime loses money. Tuning in sends the wrong message and opens the door for them to **** us again in the future. Unfortunately, I'm expecting more moves like this from 'Haymon and sons' in the future. Even more unfortunate is that guys like Mr. Philadel don't see anything wrong with that.
    Thats sad, man.

Bro, this crap isn't even worth a stream. If someone wastes their time with this card then there's something seriously wrong with them. And **** all that "Im a fan of the sport. I watch anything." If you're a fan of the sport then you would send the network a message by not tuning in.

Comment

• Can anyone explain how an adviser/manager is responsible for gbp promoting this fight and showtime agreeing to put it on?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Can anyone explain how an adviser/manager is responsible for gbp promoting this fight and showtime agreeing to put it on?
        He's promoting it cause it was accepted. Wtf is he supposed to do? He's gonna make money off of it. Probably can't say the same for Showtime.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Can anyone explain how an adviser/manager is responsible for gbp promoting this fight and showtime agreeing to put it on?
          Please. Haymon has close relationships with the guys in charge of the WBC and the WBA, not to mention he has a stable of fighters that Showtimes wants to build their new mega-brand (usurper of HBO) around.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Haymon is behind this whole Danny Garcia vs. Rad Kolas affair.

That's not to say that the rest of them aren't deserving of equal condemnation and ridicule, though. Clearly, they all ****ing suck.

Comment

Please. Haymon has close relationships with the guys in charge of the WBC and the WBA, not to mention he has a stable of fighters that Showtimes wants to build their new mega-brand (usurper of HBO) around.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Haymon is behind this whole Danny Garcia vs. Rad Kolas affair.

That's not to say that the rest of them aren't deserving of equal condemnation and ridicule, though. Clearly, they all ****ing suck.
            All in all I think the final blame falls on Espinoza. He's (Showtime) the one who has the final say.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              He's promoting it cause it was accepted. Wtf is he supposed to do? He's gonna make money off of it. Probably can't say the same for Showtime.
              I'm just wondering how it's the manager/advisers fault.

Odh said he was all about making the fights fans want to see. Is this an example of that?

The fact is gbp signed the deal with the barclays to put on fights and odh had to make good on the deal.

With a limited budget and an obligation to pay his fighters-what do fans expect?

Lucky this is just the 1st fight so odh gets a pass imo. But I don't see how he can meet his foxsports and barclays obligations with such a small pool of fighters.

Comment

It's not his fault. He's a shill for Al Haymon and his team of fighters. He's literally incapable of seeing why everybody is so pissed about this because he sees the world through Haymon-tinted sunglasses - Any fight involving a Haymon fighter is a good fight.

I remember talking to him here years ago, I used to read his posts then, he was a totally different person. Now he's just another muppet who sides with money over everything. He's a perfect example of the "if it makes dollars it makes sense" line of thinking.

Hopefully everybody else either avoids this card entirely or streams it so Showtime loses money. Tuning in sends the wrong message and opens the door for them to **** us again in the future. Unfortunately, I'm expecting more moves like this from 'Haymon and sons' in the future. Even more unfortunate is that guys like Mr. Philadel don't see anything wrong with that.

It is true he used to be a different poster way back. Now he comes across as a complete clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  All in all I think the final blame falls on Espinoza. He's (Showtime) the one who has the final say.
                  Ugh. Espinoza is the worst. I hope he and Al both get a sand flea infestation in their respective anuses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                    WOW....you really got alot of backed up animosity for the kid....no problem man, let that **** out...it's obvious the way I post or talk really bothers you...let me try to simplify this **** for your hateful ass

there's so many ways to communicate these days....so many different dialects and cultures....why does my culture and dialect bother you?!?....and who gives a **** if you grew in a hood or suburbs....that **** is so irrelevant....oh my bad, you wanted to try and prove that you understand the dialect used in the hood but you choose not to use it, therefore coming to some nerdy ass conclusion that you're above me and the place that you claim to be from...oh man

you're a typical internet clown.....post profiling ass ninja, get a grip and pipe the **** down....stop fraudin, you KNOW you didn't snitch from the account you on now...stop trying to play smart....and no, nobody comes at me because I rock with everybody...from the Puerto Rocks to the Brits....it's just the clowns you rock with....all ya'll come with the same cornball off the wall anti-black ****....lame
                    Man that was some ether. You didn't have to do him like that Philadel

Comment

those relationships are not what is driving this fight. It's gbp's contract with the barclays. I wonder what happens if gbp defaults?

This one is on odh. He made the barclays deal and he is obligated to put on fights. He's lucky his old attorney is even putting this crap on.

Comment

Working...
                      X