No announcement yet.

"Alien" Hopkins vs "Krusher" Kovalev Post fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by King- View Post
    I know, I know, you just can't commend Hopkins these days without someone taking away quality wins from his resume, I know how it is on NSB.

Comment

• These poll results make me smile, an ATG is doubted while a hype job is touted

Comment

• I'm a huge Hopkins fan, he shouldn't take this fight. Just fight Stevenson - much easier fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
          I'm a huge Hopkins fan, he shouldn't take this fight. Just fight Stevenson - much easier fight.
          B-Hop is not taking this fight.
          It's a media stunt only.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slick Veteran View Post
            These poll results make me smile, an ATG is doubted while a hype job is touted
            Well said, my thoughts exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              B-Hop is not taking this fight.
              It's a media stunt only.
              I am beginning to think you are right because the tape doesn't lie and when i watch Kovalev, i see a beast who would give anybody in the world problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
                I am beginning to think you are right because the tape doesn't lie and when i watch Kovalev, i see a beast who would give anybody in the world problems.
                That's true, but if he was confident, why would he publicly duck Hopkins?

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  Well said, my thoughts exactly.
                  I'm not doubting Hopkins - only his ability at age 49. It's been 6 years since Hopkins beat Pavlik and Kovalev is a better boxer than Pavlik, with more power AND is mentally much tougher than Pavlik. The last point is probably the most important (OK a little exaggeration there) but it's still important.

Hopkins is 49 years old. He'll be 50 in 6 months. Do you realize that he is old than Mike Tyson? The fact that he is still a ranked contender (and arguably the best) is astonishing. I'm not doubting him. But Father Time catches us all.

Comment

• Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
                    I'm not doubting Hopkins - only his ability at age 49. It's been 6 years since Hopkins beat Pavlik and Kovalev is a better boxer than Pavlik, with more power AND is mentally much tougher than Pavlik. The last point is probably the most important (OK a little exaggeration there) but it's still important.

Hopkins is 49 years old. He'll be 50 in 6 months. Do you realize that he is old than Mike Tyson? The fact that he is still a ranked contender (and arguably the best) is astonishing. I'm not doubting him. But Father Time catches us all.
                    That's true, but it's hard to count a man like that out at the same time. And while he doesn't go down, he just keeps gaining more experience and becoming a wiser fighter.

Comment

• It's going down Nov 8th!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X