Mayweather vs Maidana II POST FIGHT DISCUSSION

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Maidana!

Comment

• I got Maidana on this and half $25 bucks on it.

I just don't think the last fight was any fluke. Floyds legs aren't there like they use to be so it's harder to get away from someone like Chino unlike with Guerrero who slowly walks you down with easy to counter 1-2's or Canelo who tried to box in the first place.

With more time to prep for a longer war and Mayweather aging by the minute this is the perfect time for Chino to do this! WAR CHINO!

Comment

• Originally posted by $BloodyNate$ View Post
        I got Maidana on this and half $25 bucks on it.

I just don't think the last fight was any fluke. Floyds legs aren't there like they use to be so it's harder to get away from someone like Chino unlike with Guerrero who slowly walks you down with easy to counter 1-2's or Canelo who tried to box in the first place.

With more time to prep for a longer war and Mayweather aging by the minute this is the perfect time for Chino to do this! WAR CHINO!
        Will he do the Booty Dew?

Comment

• Originally posted by Free Booty Dew! View Post
          Will he do the Booty Dew?
          If Maidana wins, there is no doubt Floyd will don the booty dew at some stage. Either in a Brutal KO loss, or a savage beat down with 2 or 3 Kd's and a loss on points.

WAR Maidana. getting slowly excited now, not too long now. Just hope Maidana gives it all, don't go into your shell if Floyd starts well like RG and Canelo did, bring the heat like in the first.

Comment

• Rewatching and scoring the first fight.

Round 1: Clear Maidana, no discussion.
            Round 2: Clear Mayweather, no discussion.
            Round 3: Could go either way. Giving it to Maidana.
            Round 4: Could go either way. Giving it to Mayweather. He was just as dirty so far as Maidana.
            Round 5: Clear Maidana, no discussion.
            Round 6: Clear Maidana, no discussion.
            Round 7: Clear Mayweather, his best round.
            Round 8: Could go either way. Really hard time scoring this round.
            Round 9: Clear Mayweather, no discussion.
            Round 10: Close round, but clearly Mayweather IMO.
            Round 11: Could have gone either way. Gave it to Mayweather.
            Round 12: Close but clear Mayweather round.

Seriously, anything wider than 8-4 is wrong, and 6-6 is perfectly justified. Close, close fight.

Biggest thing I took from this rewatch is how overblown Maidana's dirty fighting was. Other than the attempted knee, he never did anything too bad, and most of it was spaced far enough apart where it wasn't a consistent issue. Mayweather was just as dirty with his forearm and clamping down on the arm.

So excited for the rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Rewatching and scoring the first fight.

Round 1: Clear Maidana, no discussion.
              Round 2: Clear Mayweather, no discussion.
              Round 3: Could go either way. Giving it to Maidana.
              Round 4: Could go either way. Giving it to Mayweather. He was just as dirty so far as Maidana.
              Round 5: Clear Maidana, no discussion.
              Round 6: Clear Maidana, no discussion.
              Round 7: Clear Mayweather, his best round.
              Round 8: Could go either way. Really hard time scoring this round.
              Round 9: Clear Mayweather, no discussion.
              Round 10: Close round, but clearly Mayweather IMO.
              Round 11: Could have gone either way. Gave it to Mayweather.
              Round 12: Close but clear Mayweather round.

Seriously, anything wider than 8-4 is wrong, and 6-6 is perfectly justified. Close, close fight.

Biggest thing I took from this rewatch is how overblown Maidana's dirty fighting was. Other than the attempted knee, he never did anything too bad, and most of it was spaced far enough apart where it wasn't a consistent issue. Mayweather was just as dirty with his forearm and clamping down on the arm.

So excited for the rematch.
              I Gave Floyd round 6 and Maidana rounds 4 and 8. maidana was close to winning one of the last 2 as well. I had the other rounds the same. Its to me a fight that is 7-5 either way or 6-6, i don't understand these 9-3 cards, Floyd keeps saying he only lost 3 rounds, he seriously can't believe that surely?.

Comment

• Originally posted by shenmue View Post
                I Gave Floyd round 6 and Maidana rounds 4 and 8. maidana was close to winning one of the last 2 as well. I had the other rounds the same. Its to me a fight that is 7-5 either way or 6-6, i don't understand these 9-3 cards, Floyd keeps saying he only lost 3 rounds, he seriously can't believe that surely?.
                9-3 isn't reality. It didn't happen. Fight was close close close.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  9-3 isn't reality. It didn't happen. Fight was close close close.
                  Damn right sir, off to watch some "Soccer" ha. Enjoy the fight mate,. Hope there's some drama and win or lose i just hope Maidana brings the heat like in the first.

Comment

• fl0mos and Khantards mainly spout the 9-3 thing.

Floboners in denial.

Mayweather's legs have been done since after the Mosley fight.

Beating two flat footed overrated guys in Canelo and Guerrero means jack.

Comment

• Nothing would make me happier than to see Maidana unleash hell on Mayweather, but I don't think his stamina will allow him to push as hard as he'll need to.

Comment

Working...
                      X