No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Maidana II POST FIGHT DISCUSSION

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    First of all, what makes you think it would be Weeks? Second, Floyd was fighting equally as dirty, so if you are going to be "more realistic", at least be objective with it.
    It won't be Weeks because he did a terrible job in the first fight, and more importantly Stone Cold Floyd said so in the press conference that he would do a rematch but not with Weeks being the referee.

Also I know Floyd was dirty in the fight as well but that's Maidana's kind of fight not Floyd's. Maidana got to do what he wanted with Floyd in there and still couldn't win, in a cleaner fight you expect him to do better?

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      Man, when Khan dropped him I was cheering like a little girl. I couldve sworn it was over. Then I watched him get up. My jaw dropped. I couldnt believe that ****.
      Most fighters would've been ended with that shot. That was as vicious and stabbing a liver shot as has ever been thrown in this sport.

I still don't know how he got up. It hurt just listening to it land.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
        It won't be Weeks because he did a terrible job in the first fight, and more importantly Stone Cold Floyd said so in the press conference that he would do a rematch but not with Weeks being the referee.

Also I know Floyd was dirty in the fight as well but that's Maidana's kind of fight not Floyd's. Maidana got to do what he wanted with Floyd in there and still couldn't win, in a cleaner fight you expect him to do better?
        Come on man, Floyd's trademark is sticking a glove in a person's face, elbows and forearms. All illegal. So yes, fighting dirty is Floyd's fight too.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
          Most fighters would've been ended with that shot. That was as vicious and stabbing a liver shot as has ever been thrown in this sport.

I still don't know how he got up. It hurt just listening to it land.
          Im a Khan fan so naturally I was rooting for him. But watching Maidana get up was inspiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
            Maidana got to do what he wanted with Floyd in there
            *Without his gloves.

Comment

First of all, what makes you think it would be Weeks? Second, Floyd was fighting equally as dirty, so if you are going to be "more realistic", at least be objective with it.
              Yup, Floyd initiated quite a few himself then Maidana retaliated. Though Floyd tries to be more sneaky about it and gets away with it more often. When Maidana does it, everyone sees it. So it appears that Maidana is the dirty fighter even though they were equally guilty of it.

The problem is that prior to the fight, Floyd's side will talk to the "new ref" to make sure that Maidana can't do any of that and consequently, with a few early hard warnings, can get Maidana off his game.

Comment

Im a Khan fan so naturally I was rooting for him. But watching Maidana get up was inspiring.
                I was rooting for Maidana. Thought my night was over then and there.

I was in disbelief when he rose from the canvas. I believe the phrase "hoooly ****" was uttered.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                  *Without his gloves.
                  Exactly. Imagine him bullying Floyd with MX gloves on. Bloodshed.

Comment

Exactly. Imagine him bullying Floyd with MX gloves on. Bloodshed.
                    I'm not going that far. I'm no Floyd fan, in fact, I hate most of his excuse-making d*ckrider fans, but the man is a truly talented and resilient champion. I don't think anybody gets a W over him in a brawl without paying a price for it. He's too sneaky and too accurate.

That said, the gloves thing was a total b*tch move and it's unforgivable and indefensible.

I also think Maidana took a fair amount of damage in their first fight, particularly to the body. Floyd went to the body in that fight like he hasn't in years. Maidana took it all well and returned the beating to Floyd's body.

I wouldn't have wanted to have either man's torso the day after that fight. Both of them got their organs pulverized and I know they were hurting for days after the final bell.

Comment

Come on man, Floyd's trademark is sticking a glove in a person's face, elbows and forearms. All illegal. So yes, fighting dirty is Floyd's fight too.
                      The last time Floyd really did that was against... Hatton another dirty ass fighter. He does it when he has to, but Floyd is not a dirty fighter. Also would you call Floyd or Maidana if you needed some back up for a street fight? Not saying Floyd can't fight but his style is not the way he fought against Maidana. It's like how Cotto beat Margarito in the rematch, yes he won and boxed well but he is a different fighter when he can be the one coming forward.

Comment

Working...
                      X