No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Maidana II POST FIGHT DISCUSSION

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
    The ref will be like Cortez was in the Hatton fight I 100% guarantee it.

As soon as Maidana closes the distance Floyd will clinch and the ref will break it up.
    I hope Floyd goes toe to toe until one of them drops. Like a warrior.

Comment

• Not everyone has seen the carnage from this angle.

Comment

• Man, after watching it again myself, I could see Maidana boxing Floyd's ears off.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          I disagree with everything you say here minus Cotto being stronger minded after beating Margarito the second time.

Roach admitting he drained someone is supposed to be a positive thing here? That's pathetic and disgusting.

Also, you have zero proof Margarito cheated in that fight, only speculation.

You do know Martinez wasn't 100% or prime for that fight, right? It was a great performance by Cotto, one of his best nights ever, but let's be real here, beating Martinez 3 years ago would be a much bigger deal for so many reasons.

I don't think it was competitive enough to warrant a remach at all, if we give Cotto a rematch let's give Ortiz, Guerrero, and Canelo rematches as well, heck let's see him fight Apodaca again, screw Manny, Floyd can rematch his way into retirement.

The only way I see that fight happening again is if Floyd moves up like I said before but I doubt it happens, and even if it did, Floyd would skate his way to a wide UD again, Cotto is tailor made for Floyd as a textbook orthodox fighter, Cottos strengths everywhere else are his weaknesses in the ring with Floyd, while ironically it's the opposite with Maidana, he weakness with other fighters is his strength with Floyd and that's why even if they fight 5 times in a row it would be competitive, I would go as far as to say that Maidana is to Floyd what JMM is to Manny in that he could give him a tough fight everytime.

Anyway let's agree to disagree, at this point I am half posting only to get another glimpse at your great avi which never gets old.
          Why do you assume I said any of that with facts, who gives a **** if he was drained or if Marg used wraps. The entire point is that if Cotto believes it he will get over the losses, that's how you fixed a guys mental state. It doesn't matter if it's true or not, half these boxers thing they are the best fighter in the world, 99% aren't but they think it and they should.

I'm done talking about this, at the end of the day Floyd said Cotto was and still is his toughest fight and Floyd will end up fighting Cotto in a rematch in May. So at the end of the day I'm right and all is right with the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
            Why do you assume I said any of that with facts, who gives a **** if he was drained or if Marg used wraps. The entire point is that if Cotto believes it he will get over the losses, that's how you fixed a guys mental state. It doesn't matter if it's true or not, half these boxers thing they are the best fighter in the world, 99% aren't but they think it and they should.

I'm done talking about this, at the end of the day Floyd said Cotto was and still is his toughest fight and Floyd will end up fighting Cotto in a rematch in May. So at the end of the day I'm right and all is right with the world.
            Ok fair enough, I still disagree about Cotto, but we may likely never find out because GGG will hurt Cotto and take his belt.

Comment

• Man I'm watching this fight right now.... Chino's attitude was hilarious dude came out like a madman throwing sledgehammers from all kinds of weird angles, continuous rabbit punches he just didn't give a fook.

But there was method to his madness, he cuts the ring of very well, and his head and lateral movement, which has drastically improved under Garcia, is severely underrated, it was great how he consistently bent his head to the right to avoid Floyd's lead right hand.. very entertaining fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
                Man I'm watching this fight right now.... Chino's attitude was hilarious dude came out like a madman throwing sledgehammers from all kinds of weird angles, continuous rabbit punches he just didn't give a fook.

But there was method to his madness, he cuts the ring of very well, and his head and lateral movement, which has drastically improved under Garcia, is severely underrated, it was great how he consistently bent his head to the right to avoid Floyd's lead right hand.. very entertaining fight.
                Mayfeather about to get BOOTYDEW'd this time around

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Not everyone has seen the carnage from this angle.
                  Great man. I had never seen this angle. It shows Floyd's forearm and elbow usage better. People crying about Marcos being dirty need to stop.

Comment

• Floyd's legs can't carry him on his bike for 12 anymore

Comment

• I think Maidana lands even less than in the first fight and he's going to get hurt in the later rounds when he starts to gas.

Floyd can figure out fighters within rounds. Using what he learned from fighting Maidana the first time, I think it's going to be an even clearer win for floyd than the first.

Floyd can pinpoint your smallest weaknesses and flaws during the fight. If he's already fought you then he knows exactly where to attack, and he's going perfect his attack until it's flawless because thats what he does.
                      Last edited by DARKSEID; 07-09-2014, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X