Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should floyd stop fighting on sept and May dates?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should floyd stop fighting on sept and May dates?

Simple question to everybody here on boxingscene. Being honest is it time for floyd to give up fighting on mexican holidays as it seems likes there's no one left of mexican desicant for him to go at it with.I know for fact that mexican Americans and Mexican fans have no interest in watching floyd fight anybody but manny now. And u know that's not happening. So don't be ignorant those dates are usually for mexican fighters. Plus his numbers are decreasing as well. Rather see canelo on those dates than floyd?
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%
    I love floyd so screw you
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Nah, he only has a few fights left anyway. It has become a part of his routine and regimen. So he should let it play out. Canelo will shine and take those holidays over. He is only 23.

Comment

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
      Simple question to everybody here on boxingscene. Being honest is it time for floyd to give up fighting on mexican holidays as it seems likes there's no one left of mexican desicant for him to go at it with.I know for fact that mexican Americans and Mexican fans have no interest in watching floyd fight anybody but manny now. And u know that's not happening. So don't be ignorant those dates are usually for mexican fighters. Plus his numbers are decreasing as well. Rather see canelo on those dates than floyd?
      His numbers are still higher than everyone else's and more than double anyone not named pacquiao. So the short answer is no. Money talks.

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
        Nah, he only has a few fights left anyway. It has become a part of his routine and regimen. So he should let it play out. Canelo will shine and take those holidays over. He is only 23.
        I feel ya I respect Floyd's abilities. Personally looking down the road, would love to see canelo vs cotto next May.

Comment

Nobody has the balls nor star power to go against him on those days, why would he?

Comment

Floyd should be fighting on the 4th of July since he loves Murica so much

Comment

so you truly dont think any Mexicans are paying to watch Floyd on those dates? He doesnt need Mexican opponents and his numbers are still huge. I bet this rematch easily goes over a mil

Comment

"So don't be ignorant those dates are usually for mexican fighters"

nicca is you serious?? You can claim that date all u want but Floyd been putting up impressive numbers on that date for years and the mexicans will continue tuning in whether they like it or not. its smart business because mexicans are the biggest fight fans by numbers and also huge bandwagoners they jump on all nationality dick like Pac and maidana and lucas and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyDominican View Post
                  "So don't be ignorant those dates are usually for mexican fighters"

nicca is you serious?? You can claim that date all u want but Floyd been putting up impressive numbers on that date for years and the mexicans will continue tuning in whether they like it or not. its smart business because mexicans are the biggest fight fans by numbers and also huge bandwagoners they jump on all nationality dick like Pac and maidana and lucas and so on.
                  So Mexicans only buy PPVs in May and September? Where were they last May, with the "most expensive undercard ever" that still didn't crack a million?

Comment

Lol was not trying to offend any extremely "sensitive" fight fans. Just saying numbers are decreasing. Honestly 4 of July weekend would not be a bad date to be honest. Was talking to some co workers who gave me there take so figured I would asked. And mexican fans aren't bandwagon fans u jackass some of the most loyal,great fan base u can ask for idiot. Talking to my sly Dominican friend up top.
                    Last edited by Chiboxing123; 07-01-2014, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X