No announcement yet.

Man, I love Gamboa....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    I love Gamboa but that's not Warrior or whatever you want to call it he was reckless and fought a ****** fight out of his weight class where he was at a size disadvantage.
    that was a problem for him early in his career too but the size difference this time was too big to over come fighting like idiot

sad thing is with a better corner he easily could have won this fight damn shame
    Gamboa paid for many sins tonight. One was his insistence on fighting reckless, another was thinking his dad was a good enough coach. Maybe now he'll learn.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Co-fucking-sign....

I'm almost glad Yuri lost. Maybe now he'll come back stronger. He needed a wake-up call. It's like he never got the memo. Now he has....
      I agree we will see if this makes or breaks him. Big time wake up call to fix all the things we have been talking about. I thought I would be sad if he lost having followed the guy since he was an amateur, but I'm really not I loved the fight regardless of the outcome very proud of him we all knew the deck was stacked on this one really it finally all caught up to him. If he wants to be back on top he needs 3 things activity, go down in weight to his real natural weight class, and get a fking trainer for fks sake. I like the early signs seem to show he is desperate to get back in there and be more active so at least possibly thats one out of 3 down.

Comment

Gamboa paid for many sins tonight. One was his insistence on fighting reckless, another was thinking his dad was a good enough coach. Maybe now he'll learn.
        Properly managed and coached he lords over 126-130.

Pm

Comment

Nice avi bro. I agree wholeheartedly with your statement. Good thing it didn't turn out to be a snoozer as many had predicted.

Comment

If possible I would love to see him in this stacked featherweight division. If not most of those guys are big as it is and will be at 130 in no time.

Gamboa vs Lomachenko, Gradovich, Walters, Donaire, Johnny, Mares, etc.

Just makes so much sense for his career.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
              I agree we will see if this makes or breaks him. Big time wake up call to fix all the things we have been talking about. I thought I would be sad if he lost having followed the guy since he was an amateur, but I'm really not I loved the fight regardless of the outcome very proud of him we all knew the deck was stacked on this one really it finally all caught up to him. If he wants to be back on top he needs 3 things activity, go down in weight to his real natural weight class, and get a fking trainer for fks sake. I like the early signs seem to show he is desperate to get back in there and be more active so at least possibly thats one out of 3 down
              I knew Yuri was looking at the toughest contest of his life tonight. I was very excited to see how he looked in the early going. Gamboa looked great, and Crawford looked uncomfortable. Then came the fourth round and I texted Cubanborn87 that Yuri was gassing. It was all downhill from there.

So much wrong with this fight for Gamboa. Where to start? I've always said he was too small for 135; he needs a world-class trainer; Yuri would eventually pay for his reckless fighting style (versus a top fighter, of course); etc. But, all that said, I'm so proud of him for showing uncommon guts. GUTS! He's still my boy, no fucking doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
                Properly managed and coached he lords over 126-130.

Pm
                Agreed. Gamboa has obviously been training himself since he parted with his old coach, Salas. He's been terribly inactive, and too small for 135. It's a wonder he held up as long as he did versus Crawford. The guy's an idiot...but he's still my boy.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
                  Nice avi bro. I agree wholeheartedly with your statement. Good thing it didn't turn out to be a snoozer as many had predicted.
                  There's no telling with boxing. Gamboa looked so much better than I expected in the first three rounds. Then the facade started to crumble. I'm just glad Yuri went out on his shield. I think he truly believed the ref stopped the fight too early.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    If possible I would love to see him in this stacked featherweight division. If not most of those guys are big as it is and will be at 130 in no time.

Gamboa vs Lomachenko, Gradovich, Walters, Donaire, Johnny, Mares, etc.

Just makes so much sense for his career.
                    It's possible that Gamboa has outgrown 126, but is too small, sadly, for 135. Those three fucking years wasted.... SMH

Comment

Gamboa is a damn warrior. What a heart.

Comment

Working...
                      X