No announcement yet.

Ricky Burns Appreciation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Burns Appreciation

Seriously, after last night, Burns should just call it quits. To get beat by someone as basic as that Zlatinic or whatever his name is ridiculous. I wouldn't like to see Burns drop back down to domestic level, he shouldn't tarnish his legacy like that, this is a guy who is a two weight world champion, holding wins over Martinez, Katsidis, Mitchell and some other top lightweight names around. His come from behind mauling of Gonzalez, which broke that guys heart, is a night to remember.

I know he has a lot of haters on here but **** them, let's appreciate one of the best lightweights of the last 3 years and a great adrenaline rush for Scottish boxing.

The definition of a paper champion.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
      The definition of a paper champion.
      Lmfao he also should have lost to chelo but he quit and then beltran but he got robbed. Crawford whooped him and now this.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Seriously, after last night, Burns should just call it quits. To get beat by someone as basic as that Zlatinic or whatever his name is ridiculous. I wouldn't like to see Burns drop back down to domestic level, he shouldn't tarnish his legacy like that, this is a guy who is a two weight world champion, holding wins over Martinez, Katsidis, Mitchell and some other top lightweight names around. His come from behind mauling of Gonzalez, which broke that guys heart, is a night to remember.

I know he has a lot of haters on here but **** them, let's appreciate one of the best lightweights of the last 3 years and a great adrenaline rush for Scottish boxing.
        gonzalez had a broken hand or wrist didnt get heart broken ricky done well to acheive wat hes got but u say he beat other top lughtweights who???mitchel isnt top kastides was past it he fought european level guys for a while when won title hes shot now plain n sinple

Comment

Have to give him credit for his heart, if nothing else. The man fought through stuff that made others walk away.

Comment

Mauling of Gonzalez? Lol haha had chelo been born with a little more heart he could have just boxed n moved the next 2 rounds after injuring his wrist and would have won easily

Comment

Agreed, unmerited hate but what more do you expect from people who mock a man who didn't quit with a broken jaw in a fight?
              No respect, no class what so ever and absolutely zero understanding of what its like to fight through adversity.

Ricky Burns clearly wasn't the greatest of our era but he was a good champ whilst he had his run and as you said he holds some very good wins on his record, nothing to be ashamed of.

His downfall is the injury he sustained of the broken jaw after that happened he should of retired there and then, not everyone can return after such a bad injury look at Victor Ortiz?
              The only difference is Ortiz quit during the fight because of it which I can't really blame him none of us have suffered that sort of punishment, to be hit on your jaw when its already broken that must hurt ALOT!

But sure let the ******s pop in with their
              "He lost to Beltran doe, he suck doe"

He is easily one of the nicest pro-boxers I've ever met down to earth and not stuck up ass like others.

Comment

He done extremely well considering how limited he is.

Ricky has always been a european level fighter with flaws (robotic, stiff, no power, too upright, etc...), but he managed to win world honours through toughness, stamina and good match-making. Credit deserved for winning world titles.

Comment

Tomato can appreciation thread, okay okay clap clap time to move on

Comment

Ricky was a level above European level who exceeded himself in beating Martinez and then having a few soso defences.A good fighter with the heart of a lion.Would like to see him retire but he doesn't seem so now

Comment

Working...
                    X