Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August 9th Showtime Boxing Card is a disgrace!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smoothsmg View Post
    Lets see, I get to see Danny Jacobs fight again. i get to see Lamont Peterson after his nice last performance/fight, I get to see if Garcia can come back after his bad performance (I thought everyone has one bad fight, and can have one lesser opponent), I get to see Sadam Ali again hopefully, get to possibly see Anthony Peterson again, and maybe even see Ochoa again. I will be watching enjoying my boxing, drink in hand.
    Seeing them and seeing them against quality opposition are 2 different things. This is a slap to the fans.

Comment

No, I am not but at least we don't have to pay $60 for a ****ty card. They are both **** but at least this one is for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        Seeing them and seeing them against quality opposition are 2 different things. This is a slap to the fans.
        On paper you can say, I dont like the matchup, but NO ONE knows how anything will turn out. Thats why i watch the fights inside the ring, not outside them or on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          im in uk but.........

it is a slap in the face to showtime subscribers, they are basically treating you as being stupid...
          Exactly what I was thinking. They must think fans are dumb and only pay to see a champion fight. We wants competitive fights, is that too much to ask for?!?

Comment

Originally posted by RoastTeamCon View Post
            It is better than paying for a ****ty Top Rank PPV cards which is pretty much Top Rank has been feeding us for months.
            That's not true at all. Check this week crawford vs gamboa now that's what u call a compelling main event. But hey its ure money. I will be canceling soon enuff if these garbage cards continue. hbo has been light years better than showtime this year and there half way awake in the boxing buisness these days

Comment

On paper you can say, I dont like the matchup, but NO ONE knows how anything will turn out. Thats why i watch the fights inside the ring, not outside them or on paper.
              But this shouldnt even be happening. Why isnt Jacobs fighting Kid Chocolate? Why isnt Garcia facing Peterson? Those are fights that should be happening but instead we get some guys that sounds like they were plucked from some basement gym somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                Exactly what I was thinking. They must think fans are dumb and only pay to see a champion fight. We wants competitive fights, is that too much to ask for?!?
                If this card was one day earlier and on shobox I would think-wow, cool shobox is showing us fans the sparring sessions for danny, lamont and jaccobs.

Comment

How do you or anyone know a fight wont be competitive? I dont get why people complain about stuff they dont like. You have no idea how any fight will turn out. NONE. You can be unhappy he/they are not fighting some a-level fighter, but you dont know how any of the fights will turn out or if they will be competitive.

(Funny I dont hear any complaining when it comes to certain fighters or certain fighters under certain promotion brands. Never hear this in regards to Golovkin, guys just want to see him knock people out).

Comment

Good thing you have Boxnation huh?

Comment

How do you or anyone know a fight wont be competitive? I dont get why people complain about stuff they dont like. You have no idea how any fight will turn out. NONE. You can be unhappy he/they are not fighting some a-level fighter, but you dont know how any of the fights will turn out or if they will be competitive.

(Funny I dont hear any complaining when it comes to certain fighters or certain fighters under certain promotion brands. Never hear this in regards to Golovkin, guys just want to see him knock people out).
                      Golovkin is ducked by everybody. Who would duck Peterson and Garcia? These two are clearly the duckers. Apple and chicken. Go and disappear.

Comment

Working...
                      X