Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite fighter ever. ONE fighter. No lists.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joel Casamayor.

This guy inspired Cuban boxing in an era where it was very almost irrelevant.

Comment

Golden Johnson

Comment

Favorite fighter of any generation?

Rocky Marciano.

To me, Marciano represents everything that boxing should be about. He was a good genuine person outside the ring, and a no nonsense, no quit, balls out effort guy in the ring. He fought everyone that was anyone during his career, he didn't duck anyone, and he didn't stick around well past his prime.

Further more, and maybe most important, he understood that the fans fuel this sport and ultimately provide the means to pay the bills. With that knowledge, he tried to make every fight action packed. He brought the fight to his opponents, which were often bigger than him, and he threw nearly every punch with the intention of knocking his opponent out.

Comment

Originally posted by hitman smax View Post
          Favorite fighter of any generation?

Rocky Marciano.

To me, Marciano represents everything that boxing should be about. He was a good genuine person outside the ring, and a no nonsense, no quit, balls out effort guy in the ring. He fought everyone that was anyone during his career, he didn't duck anyone, and he didn't stick around well past his prime.

Further more, and maybe most important, he understood that the fans fuel this sport and ultimately provide the means to pay the bills. With that knowledge, he tried to make every fight action packed. He brought the fight to his opponents, which were often bigger than him, and he threw nearly every punch with the intention of knocking his opponent out.
          You mean Ducking Joe Louis while he was in his prime. Yeah He straight up ducked Joe Louis while he was in his Prime. He fought Louis when he was past his prime.

Comment

Mike Tyson, because he was everything you hope to see in a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
              wladimir klitschko.

he is a smart intelligent man, incredible power and physique (always in great shape), has a beautiful and loving fiancée, the heart of a champion, a magnetic personality and smile, and he is overall a good example for all human beings.
              The thread is about which boxer you like the most, not which one you'd like to take home to meet your mum.

Comment

If were talking all time than mine would be Muhammad Ali

If were talking right now than Manny Pacquiao

Inside the ring I like fighters with great handspeed and footwork and willing to risk it all to be great. Outside the ring I admire people who set positive examples and help the less fortunate.

Comment

Sugar Ray Robinson....no need to explain why...it's obvious!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                    You mean Ducking Joe Louis while he was in his prime. Yeah He straight up ducked Joe Louis while he was in his Prime. He fought Louis when he was past his prime.
                    Hmm? How? He ducked getting a title shot? Doesn't the purpose of being a fighter? Rocky wasn't even in title contention during Joe's prime.

Comment

I like that there are still fans of the old school fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X