Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was that the worst punch connect stat you have ever seen?83 landed out of 803 thrown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought lomo dominated but Russel looked good too his chin is nice took big shots , huge heart I'd like to see him again

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
      I thought lomo dominated but Russel looked good too his chin is nice took big shots , huge heart I'd like to see him again
      Russell did not look good to me. In my opinion a boxer with no snap simply can't be great. People who punch like GRJ cause no damage. In my opinion, power is extremely important in professional boxing. The boxer who causes the most damage in a round ought to win that round, and GRJ causes no damage as I have said. His arm punching and shoe shining wins no plaudits from me. If someone wants to be a pure boxer that is fine, but at least put something on the shots. Take Mayweather as an example, he is a purely defensive fighter but at least his shots give opponents something to think about. GRJs shots are laughably weak and any decent pro would walk through them.

Comment

What was funnier was they compared Lomachenko to Joe Calzaghe even though all the arm punching slapping flurries were coming from Russel jr lol...

Albeit I don't think Russel Jr is anywhere near as good as Joe, Russel had no ring IQ other than flurrying and hope it goes through the guard.
        I was having people moan at me for saying those punches Gary was throwing weren't landing so I shut up and just watched.

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
          Agreed, I think another one of those top title holders would definitely have huge problems with Gary Russel Jrs style.

Comment

Problem with Russell is that he was throwing punches so fast and so lightly that sometimes it was hard to tell what landed, what was blocked and what missed. I think he landed more than 83 punches but he was still very ineffective.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              never pay attention to punch stats, showtime or HBO, they are utter crap. There is no way Russell landed such few punches lol it's ridiculous
              This. Gary definitely landed more than 83 punches. Show stats were off last night. However, Loma's defense was excellent. Russell didn't land many meaningful/effective shots at all. Loma also did a good job blocking punches with his arms and gloves but his movement was the key to his defense.

Russell landed some solid body shots in the latter part of the fight that went unnoticed. That is the best way to attack Loma and Russell didn't focus on it enough.

Comment

It was more Loma than Russell to me. Granted I wasn't a fan of Russell's slappy arm punches and ineffective aggression, Loma had most of it read and was always "just" outside of Russell's reach. As for Russell who the hell does he think he's gonna effect with those slaps? Take a breather, stop spazzing, wasting energy and working just to work. Dig and actually sit down on some of those shots. Change speeds to get him off the trail. Russell exposed how far he really has to go.
                Last edited by Biolink; 06-22-2014, 09:48 AM.

Comment

those showstats were way off. they couldn't keep up with the handspeed of either guy.

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
                    This fight was a combination of the fact that Vasyl is a top level fighter and GRJ is just not that good. Vasyl is very hard to hit because he combines footwork and head movement with a very good guard and great timing. However, Lomachenko's defence looks especially good against guys who can't punch. You need power and workrate to tag Lomachenko and GRJ's power sucks. I just can't respect professionals who don't put anything on their punches. Lomachenko won't have even been slightly bothered by any one of GRJ's punches (not that he landed many) which is a joke. I appreciate the pure boxing of Mayweather, Rigondeaux etc because their punches actually have an impact, particularly in Rigondeaux's case. GRJ on the other hand literally can't even slightly buzz any marginally good boxer with his punches. Most guys in the gym a few months throw a lot harder than GRJ last night. GRJs speed is also a myth. He's fast but his speed is exaggerated because his punches are all arm punches and couldn't break a ****ing eggshell.
                    .... Gary Russel Jr was made to look that way

Why can't people give credit where it is due?
                    Instead its always the case of dissecting an opponent and trying to diminishing the victory.

IF Gary was capable of doing it you'd surely be saying Gary Russel Jr is the best thing since sliced bread, Vasyl was owned and so on blah blah...

Idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                      That's insane...dude has crazy hand speed though, that accuracy is another thing
                      Loma's defense was AIR TIGHT......he blocked everything...literally.

Comment

Working...
                      X