Comments Thread For: Russell-Lomachenko: BoxingScene.com's Staff Predictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did someone really pick Russell by KO that guy's a boxing god if he's right

Comment

Lomo's arrogance coming into the pros was silly. The loss to Salido may help him though if he allowed that fight to teach him. Russell is not really much better off as his 25 fights only included a couple of decent foes. Russell has learned to fight like a pro though. We still have no idea where Lomo is at. If he got humbled by Salido and his team changed gears, he could win this. If Russell's paws hold up, he can also win.

I cannot predict this. My instincts tell me Russell is more seasoned as a pro even considering his lack of viable competition to this point. Lomo still has way too many unanswered questions and I guess it all hangs in what the loss to Salido taught him.
      Last edited by deanrw; 06-21-2014, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Russell by easy Decision or by mid - late KO

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
          Haha yeah i wondered where that one came from

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
            Lomachenko had, HAD, a great and long amateur career. Now he skips the pro learning curve, butts in ahead of more deserving, loses to a shot 13 loss Salido, and gets another bite at the apple? That's not right and if Gary loses this, he deserves to be shot with ***** and killed for stinking. What is Fitz thinking? This is a freak show boxing match and the freak is at a serious disadvantage. Why not proclaim the Olympic champ as the pro champ at once and save time and money? Since it's so easy.
            I love Loma's ambition and attitude! Gary Russell has done the exact opposite with his career, faced a steady line of cans u know ur gonna outclass, I think too many top amateur fighters squander their first early years as a pro padding their records. Salido was the last thing a guy like Lomachenko, who was fresh outta the amateurs where things are less physical, would want in his second fight, and u sell him short, he's no p4p guy but a solid veteran champion who throws body shots, is physical, brings it for 12 hard rounds and on the night was well over weight And probably should have lost points for excessive lowblows...
            Lomachenko is no pampered amateur, he's here to fight and he didn't whine and complain about the rough house tactics or the decision, after the loss he's straight back on the horse again, against a Russell who looks a better fighter than even Salido!

Comment

It's not fair to ask who is better Salido or Russell. Today, who knows? 3 years ago Salido of course. That Salido would KO both of these guys.

Comment

Comment

Russell by decision

Comment

I favor Lomo by a very slight margin on this one but I won't be surprised if Russell outboxes him easy. Can't wait to watch it!

Comment

I agree. That's so unlikely IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X