No announcement yet.

Showtime and Floyd Rumor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    I don't see any credible source that TS posted, this is mere speculation on the original matter, but I do feel Mak has a valid point.

The general consensus on NSB is when you mention to a Floyd fan the Pacquiao fight, it seems they aren't willing to see it.
    Come on man, this fight is like 5 years past due Floyd fans, Manny fans , boxing fans want to see this fight at least to put this bs to the side and shut one side up finally.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      Come on man, this fight is like 5 years past due Floyd fans, Manny fans , boxing fans want to see this fight at least to put this bs to the side and shut one side up finally.
      Yes it's past due, but Maks point is valid. I've yet to see a Floyd fan say "**** it, make the Manny fight happen!"

It's usually "Manny has to leave Arum" etc. Manny said he is willing to do whatever to make the fight happen, even went on espn and said his line is open 24/7

With Floyd it's a block after a block. I'm done on this topic though, let's just enjoy tonight's fights.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
        You're dead wrong, sir. The May/Pac fight is still the biggest out there. The money involve in this fight is astounding.

Mention another fight that can generate much money as well as attention worldwide than Pac/May fight?

Comment

only on bs can be made thread like this one

Comment

I SERIOUSLY doubt showtime was expecting 1 million + PPVs on each fight.

You all guys need to stop acting as if you know exactly what the deal is like.

Comment

Considering how pathetic Showtime was before Mayweather and GBP jumped to them and how well they are doing now. I doubt this is true, but yes I am sure they want to see him fight at least an Opponent that will get the Casual Fans Interested

Of course they should fight we know this but both sides I think are complete full of **** and they ALL: Networks, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Arum, GBP they just take advantage of the fans. The fact that they do good numbers and make big money without fighting each other is why it is not more urgency to fight each other

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                False. Manny is locked in with HBO til 2016. There is no way Showtime could even force that fight in other words.
                Lewis
                Tyson

It could happen considering the magnitude. I don't care about that fight anymore though.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                  He had 2 fights that did less than 900k buys and one that did 1.8 million. Thats 33% of doing over 1 million buys
                  Did you figure that out all by yourself?

Comment

Common sense lacks when Floyd is involved; Showtime isn't losing any money because if they were the deal would be canceled by now since after the Ghost fight it was a fight by fight basis. Nobody from Showtime has been on the record saying how much each needed to break even only from other sources. Take the Maidana fight people said it needed to 1.5 mil to break even; be fuc*king serious for a second 6 fights in history has done that number you really expect that to be the number for a fight that had no press tour or shorted the All-Access by one episode with barely any promotion. Espoinza swears the Guerrero did over a million hey if you don't want to believe the guy in charge of Showtime sports thats on you. i would love to see the Manny fight but's not going to happen if you want to say Floyd is scared fine maybe he is but either way the fight isn't going happen no need in crying about something that isn't going to happen.

Comment

dey juss mad at da TBE doe

Comment

Working...
                      X