Collapse
No announcement yet.

As much as I disliked Alvarez at first he def ducks Nobody. Gotta respect that

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree! Pressure from fans kinda forced him to take the Lara which it was looking for awhile that he would stay away from Lara but he stepped up to the challenge so he deserves all the credit in the world...OR DOES HE?

Because, Oscar, Mayweather, Pacquiao, they all had to go threw some damn good fighters to become Stars and Draws in Boxing.

So while you are young and still trying to become a Draw in the sport...you SHOULD be taking on all comers, none of these young fighters should be "Ducking" or "Cherry Picking". You have to earn your way to the top then once you get their you can then start demanding things but not when you really haven't accomplished much in the sport and you are still in your 20's

Comment

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
      Didnt know those guys were top 154 pounders
      It soon to be in question though IF Canelo can beat Lara.

SA has got a real tough fight on his hands.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        He ducked Kirkland, Ortiz and Williams through the use of his red-headed sorcery.
        There's only room for one red-headed sorcerer around these parts...

Comment

Originally posted by DJR005 View Post
          I don't know why I didn't like him to begin with maybe because I felt he was given this superstar status before actually proving himself but I will give the guy credit: Lara,Floyd, Trout, Angulo, and probably Cotto in the next year or so. The kid def fights everyone out there unlike certain people nowadays. Even if high risk low reward he still goes for it. Him vs Lara is going to be a good one. I see Lara out boxing him all night but I've been wrong b4. I'd love the winner of that to face Cotto at 154 or 160. If Miguel decides to not face a fellow 160lb title holder which I heard he might.
          Couldn't agree more

Comment

I don't know why some people will hate a fighter just because he is popular. Beta males.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              He ducked Kirkland, Ortiz and Williams through the use of his red-headed sorcery.
              He was probably responsible for all them mishaps. Damn that soulless ginger bastard. I wonder why he didn't use it on Lara though as he was obviously dodging him for 12 and a half years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                So let me get this straight, you dissed him called him a b1tch for running from fighters without knowing what the intention of his camp was. Now he's earned you guys respect?

I'm sure he's sleeping better at night knowing that.

when he was in his early 20's, no less.

hell, this kid has been catching crap since he was a freaking teenager.

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
                  He was probably responsible for all them mishaps. Damn that soulless ginger bastard. I wonder why he didn't use it on Lara though as he was obviously dodging him for 12 and a half years.

alvarez turned pro to avoid lara in the amateurs.

Comment

if you go back and read my post, I always gave him credit. I thought he was the real deal as a fighter and unlike others, I use to make post about who he "legitimatly tried" to fight. IDK why people act like that is nothing. He truly tried to fight Williams, Kirkland, Cotto, etc but all those fights fell through. Then they blame him because GB matches him with garbage after that.

With that being said, I dont give him any special credit or extra credit for fighting the guys that he's fighting now like others are doing. Why should he duck any of these guys? I dont get how you people talk sometimes. He's in his 1st weight class and he's super huge for the weight. Who should he fear? That doesnt make him fearless.

You guys always compare stuff like that to a guy in his 5th division and is super small for the weight. Its not the same thing at all. Mostly everyone would fight anyone in there 1st weight class, especially when they are huge at the weight. He hasnt been at one significant disadvantage yet. When he does that then I will give him special credit and I said the same about Cotto. Who did they fight that they should fear

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                      I never questioned his willingness to test himself, I hardly ever do, the way most do I sometimes wonder why they even bother with this sport if they genuinely feel that way.
                      Who's the chick? She is beautiful!

Comment

Working...
                      X