No announcement yet.

Abregu and Pac supposedly in advanced negotiations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Options are pretty slim to be honest. But I thought the "Cold War" is over? So what's stopping GBP and Arum working now and expanding their options?
    Not in the Haymon side of the Berlin wall. Floyd fans, Haymon fans don't want it to end. Right, doe? Danny Garcia was pinged by Arum just a week ago or so. Haymon didn't respond.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
      well at least he's a legitimate welterweight and has a recent win against dulorme. still not great.

but tbh pac doesn't have a lot of great options considering majority of the fighters from 140-147 are with haymon.

only other guys are:

chris algierie (140)
      jessie vargas (140)
      guerrero vs kamegai winner (147)

Like I said in another thread, just go with Guerrero if he wins on Saturday. He's a known name, and isn't a scrub. Or maybe Devon Alexander if he beats Karass. It seems Amir Khan would be available for November too.

Comment

Throw loyal fans a bone and put this on WCB, where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
          Like I said in another thread, just go with Guerrero if he wins on Saturday. He's a known name, and isn't a scrub. Or maybe Devon Alexander if he beats Karass. It seems Amir Khan would be available for November too.
          Bruh... you see the thing here is, Robert "Ghost" Guerrero, Devon "The Great" Alexander and Amir "King" Khan are all Al Haymon fighters.

Just like i called it, Manny Pacquio would end up doing bullsht fights at the end of his carreer. He could of easily avoided all this mess by not re signing with top rank.

I can't believe some guys here are saying such things as Abregu being a decent fighter, what the fucc? really? who has he beaten? he damn sure aint on Maidana, Ghost and Victor Ortiz level (at the time Floyd fought them)

Comment

Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post
            Bruh... you see the thing here is, Robert "Ghost" Guerrero, Devon "The Great" Alexander and Amir "King" Khan are all Al Haymon fighters.

Just like i called it, Manny Pacquio would end up doing bullsht fights at the end of his carreer. He could of easily avoided all this mess by not re signing with top rank.

I can't believe some guys here are saying such things as Abregu being a decent fighter, what the fucc? really? who has he beaten? he damn sure aint on Maidana, Ghost and Victor Ortiz level (at the time Floyd fought them)
            De La Hoya in an interview yesterday said that Guerrero has a contract with GBP. And mentioned a few other names like Karass & Mares. So the Guerrero fight seems like it could be possible to be made.

Comment

That's terrible

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                Not in the Haymon side of the Berlin wall. Floyd fans, Haymon fans don't want it to end. Right, doe? Danny Garcia was pinged by Arum just a week ago or so. Haymon didn't respond.
                Of course we want it to end. Bob just needs to work with other people's fighters.

That way we can have Pacquiao vs. Matthysse instead of Abregu.

Comment

This would be just as bad as the Algieri fight. Get Maidana on the line, I'm sure he wouldn't turn down a career pay day.

Comment

Lose lose situation with Pac. He will fight a mostly unknown guy and if he loses he stock will free fall.

That and a typical lame TR undercard and ppv sale will be very low. Unless they are capitalizing on the TV market in the far east I don't see how this fight makes sense at all

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
                      De La Hoya in an interview yesterday said that Guerrero has a contract with GBP. And mentioned a few other names like Karass & Mares. So the Guerrero fight seems like it could be possible to be made.

Guerrero is still managed/advised by Haymon, and do you think Haymon would "advise" Guerrero to take that fight?

Until we see GBP/Haymon guys on HBO we shouldn't hope for anything going down.

Comment

Working...
                      X