Roach: HBO Has To Make a Golovkin Fight Worth it For Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Cotto-Bradley at 147, make it happen.
    Cotto wont go lower than 154 for Manny Pacquiao, what makes you think he will go to 147 for a tune up against a no name?

Bradley vs Cotto only happens at 154, that if Cotto wants to take tune up.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampBox@PR View Post
      Cotto wont go lower than 154 for Manny Pacquiao, what makes you think he will go to 147 for a tune up against a no name?

Cotto would be a tune up for GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
        Cotto would be a tune up for GGG
        Probably, I dont deny that a bigger, younger, stronger, fresher fighter night end up KOing Cotto.

In the same token, GGG is limited vs a Boxer his own size. A guy like ANdre Ward whould school him. Styles makes fights, and GGG is a bad style mnatch up for Cotto. No shame in that.

Still Cotto's resume with one fight is better than GGG's hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
          Didn't TB use to fight at a higher weight in AM days?
          I think he topped out tat 154 in the ams. Didn't Cotto used to fight at lower weights too? LOL.......no way is Tim climbing up to 154 or 160 for this fight....he'll push for something closer to 150. He's at 147 and Cotto is really at like 155ish....8 pounds difference, so if they both met at 151, that wouldn't be a bad idea. I think the Bobster is going to try and trick Tim to moving up to 154 and he is going to tell the old man to take a hike.

Comment

I for one would much rather the Cotto vs Canelo fight to be made, I however am not taking for granted that Canelo is going to just steam roll Lara.

This Canelo vs Lara fight is one of the biggest test to date for Canelo again and hopefully he can come through and take Lara out, he'll need to fight with a new demeanor to beat this guy.

As for Cotto vs Golovkin, Roach clearly just said it himself he's admitting he knows Cotto wont stand much of a chance in that and for one I definitely don't believe he hasn't watched any of GGG fights.

Comment

Right, a "no name" who has fought on PPV 3 out of his last 4 fights. Bradley isn't Martinez, he will walk away from the fight if he doesn't like the terms. Cotto better defend his belt at 160 or he and his team will start to get bashed in every public forum possible.

It's about appearance and if it appears that Cotto doesn't want to defend his belt, the public will demand him to give it up and they will have to make a move for fear of diminished PPV sales.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Right, a "no name" who has fought on PPV 3 out of his last 4 fights. Bradley isn't Martinez, he will walk away from the fight if he doesn't like the terms. Cotto better defend his belt at 160 or he and his team will start to get bashed in every public forum possible.

It's about appearance and if it appears that Cotto doesn't want to defend his belt, the public will demand him to give it up and they will have to make a move for fear of diminished PPV sales.
                The Puto Ricans wont care, they'll root for him one way or the other he wont lose that PPV status.

Comment

Probably, I dont deny that a bigger, younger, stronger, fresher fighter night end up KOing Cotto.

In the same token, GGG is limited vs a Boxer his own size. A guy like ANdre Ward whould school him. Styles makes fights, and GGG is a bad style mnatch up for Cotto. No shame in that.

Still Cotto's resume with one fight is better than GGG's hahahaha
                  Fighting a guy a division up really isn't considered someone your own size. I still think Andre would beat him at this point, but I don't think it would be as one-sided as people make it out to be. If Golovkin throws it-which he has done before with effectiveness-the right uppercut will be the most important punch against Ward.

Comment

Cotto would be able to box enough to stay away from GGG for a little bit. I think he'd get stopped in like the 8th-9th with the cards pretty tight at that point.

But Canelo is a huge fight. It's really the fight that makes more sense, it's a true mega fight the sport needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                      Cotto is a Pu$$y
                      How can u call Cotto a *****?.. he has fought ever challenge and still does today. Manny nor Floyd where willing to fight Serg and even at 154. Cotto fought him at 160. Sorry 159,lol.
                      If Cotto doesnt fight GGG, its part to do with the fact ha was already in contract terms before the fight with Serg. I think thats the fight we see happen and should, and with a Cotto win. GGG WILL still be there and Cotto is way to small but still has the balls to fight him.

#1 Canelo
                      #2.Floryd
                      # GGG
                      That is the.list which Cotto fights from. JMO .

Comment

Working...
                      X