No announcement yet.

Worst robbery this year...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
    same here, imho both provo and maidana should have gotten the nod.
    I have seen quite a few high profile fights where the fighter with most punches thrown/landed (a Mayweather fight included) did not win the fight. Provo pressed the action the entire fight. He landed the most power shots. He floored goof troop twice in the first for a 10-6 round. In return Provo got him with some solid jabs sure but the majority were a lot of pitty-pat punches while on the run. AND let me say that he took a fair amount of non-sportsman-like punches during breaks and moments where a respectable fighter would cease to stop throwing. This was a major, and I mean major robbery. Others disagree. But it's my opinion. I know HBO agrees with me..

As for Maidana, I think it was a draw. But as many commentators have mentioned in the past on more than one occasion, you have to win convincingly to de-thrown a champion. And he lost a chunk of the middle rounds. The Garcia fight in PR I didn't watch but heard it was super questionable.

If this Algeri guy, or however it's spelled, fights someone with some defense and good ring movement it's going to be an early night. #mamaguevo

Comment

Maidana out landed Mayweather according to Compubox stats. And he pressured May' the whole fight. Provo/goof troop fight was a racket. NY judges

Comment

Floyd 8 Maidaina 4 is not a robbery. Stupid thread.

Comment

Originally posted by MalcolmVexx View Post
          Floyd 8 Maidaina 4 is not a robbery. Stupid thread.
          says the alt...

Comment

Looking for the neither option.

Comment

Herrera 9 Garcia 3. Please, these two options don't come close to that Fiasco.

Comment

I wonder if there are idiots who actually believe Floyd wanting to give fans what they want. Floyd got owned by Maidana. Floyd was shook, I'm sure his big ego got a huge hit. This while having all the big advantage, 26ft ring, maidana wearing pillow gloves, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by JFalu View Post
                  Maidana out landed Mayweather according to Compubox stats. And he pressured May' the whole fight. Provo/goof troop fight was a racket. NY judges
                  False, according to compubox Mayweather landed 230 punches while Maidana landed 221.

Comment

Both were disgusting . Truly a pair of black eyes for the sport

Comment

Originally posted by DuttyAlacrity View Post
                      Looking for the neither option.
                      Yeah, Where is the neither opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X