Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Bryant Jennings vs Mike Perez RbR Prediction & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is Jennings fight to lose. Perez looked great against Mago because Mago's defense was utter **** and he was overly aggressive and wide open for Perez counters. Against Takam, Perez was just outfought and outworked on the inside.

I think Jennings will be smart about his offense and land the more telling punches throughout the fight; he'll press but he won't leave himself wide open.

For Perez to win, he has to be aggressive and take the fight to Jennings. He needs to get on the gas pedal early and use the southpaw stance to disrupt Jennings' offense

Comment

I think Jennings has mental edge so I think he wins

Comment

I think that perez will shock jennings and win a late round TKO. Jennings will land more overall punches but perez will land those short right and left power hooks. Jennings will slow down late as well

Comment

Looking at their resumes, I give a slight edge to Jennings, he has fought more fringe contenders than Perez.. With that said, this will be the best opponent either has faced
          Last edited by Sugar Adam Ali; 07-25-2014, 01:50 PM.

Comment

I am crazy excited about this fight. Jennings is my boy, through and through. 100% SUPPORT! But I'm worried when he gets in against a prime guy who has Perez's experience all the learning on the job Jennings been doing is going to get derailed. I ***think*** Jennings is going to find a way to win. I think he's one of those guys that finds a way. But Perez walked through fire against Mago and never lost his composure and fought fire with fire and won big. He's really something. He's got a CHIN and when he wants to show it he's got a real punch and he's got serious skills too. This fight makes me really nervous. Jennings might be special enough to make up for starting boxing in 2009 but this is a huge question mark. Awesome matchmaking. A lot of fans who crap on the heavyweight division and never give heavies cred have no idea how interesting this fight is. It's like the most interesting fight this month maybe of any of the divisions to me. Not sure at all about how it's going down. Very unsure pick - Jennings SD.

Comment

Also, Abel Sanchez didn't train with Perez at all for this fight. Perez had Visa issues and couldn't come to the US until a few weeks ago. Booth is a really good trainer too so it may not make much of a difference but Sanchez is a great boxing mind. Still, Jennings UD!

Comment

Comment

Jennings ud. Bodywork gone wear perez down.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
                    Also, Abel Sanchez didn't train with Perez at all for this fight. Perez had Visa issues and couldn't come to the US until a few weeks ago. Booth is a really good trainer too so it may not make much of a difference but Sanchez is a great boxing mind. Still, Jennings UD!
                    Man the trainer change slipped my mind, thanks for the reminder. Booth is a pretty good gameplanner, we'll see that they come up with. He'll have to take charge in there, HW boxing at MSG can get real very quickly

Comment

Wow people really are writing Perez off... Why?

Comment

Working...
                      X