Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will boxing ever use instant replay?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as the sport and its dictators remain dodgy basterds there will be no need for instant replay.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      I agree on that, I don't think its worth it to replay hip shots and accidental fouls, it is a fight and things will happen. But a lot of people say Provodnikov could of at least had a Draw with Bradley after Provodnikov had him stumbling around and ref said it was a slip.
      To be honest, there's a lot of refs out there that would have called that fight in the first round when Bradley fell over after trying to get back up. Those same refs would have stopped it late in the fight when Bradley was punching the lights shining down on him and staring at the big screen.

Comment

Well, it still won't help with the referees who insist on making themselves a focal part of the fight (eg. Luis Pabon).

But, I think it should be used to review knockdowns, just as a start. For example the missed knockdown in JMM-Barerra. I don't see why it couldn't be done by another official at ringside without interrupting the action.

Comment

Working...
        X