Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach ducks Khan: Says Arum offered Pac-Khan fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
    I mean get beat by the likes of Peterson and Garcia at '40, look shitty in his next two outings, then beat Collazo who has obviously seen better days, with only 2 fuckin' rounds under his belt after a long layoff and I'm suppose to give a fuck about him facing Pacquiao or Mayweather? Do something credible

Really don't care about what Mayweather promised, he shouldn't even be fighting such an opponent.
    Out of everything you said here, I'll give you credibility for one thing, he didn't fair well against Diaz. But still pulled out a close fight.

He beat Peterson, and got robbed by a roided out hometown favorite.
    He was boxing swell early with Garcia, and got caught. Okay he lost, it is what it is.
    He beat the piss out of (undefeated at the time) Carlos Molina - it was a tune up. And he won handedly.
    He has a tough fight with Diaz, okay. He still won.
    Everybody and there grandfather thought Collazo was going to give Khan a tough time, and even KO him. WRONG. He fkn destroyed him.

He really only lost to Garcia, unless you count the home job in the Peterson fight. Which is asinine.
    Last edited by SeekDaGreat; 06-12-2014, 11:33 PM. Reason: Corrected a statement

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
      Out of everything you said here, I'll give you credibility for one thing, he didn't fair well against Diaz. But still pulled out a close fight.

He was boxing swell early with Garcia, and got caught. Okay he lost, it is what it is.
      He beat the piss out of (undefeated at the time) Carlos Molina - it was a tune up. And he won handedly.
      Everybody and there grandfather thought Collazo was going to give Khan a tough time, and even KO him. WRONG. He fkn destroyed him.

He really only lost to Garcia, unless you count the home job in the Peterson fight. Which is asinine.
      I agree with all you assessments of khans past fights but none of those really make him worthy of a floyd or pac fight. doing well vs garcia for 2.5 rounds is nothing, herrera outboxed garcia. Unofficially beating lamont is nothing as bradley and lucas have done it before and in more convincing fashion.

Not to say that khans not good or won't be compelling but to say that the two best wws are ducking him is quite a reach.
      Last edited by pnksntdead; 06-12-2014, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Khan def would pose mad probs for Pac as he can match hand speed, power and combos with him. And hes bragged hes done well vs him in sparring , so take that for that.
        Even if Pac picked Amir Khan, Mayweather fans would complain, and if he didnt they complain hes ducking lmfao. Hows Pac scared dude wanted an immediate rematch vs Marquez who decapitated him and nearly killed him.
        Hell they even wanting to fight him again even after Marquez's pimpled up chest lmao

Comment

I wasn't at all impressed with his performance against Molina, I thought he lost to Peterson and the points being taken away were well justified, it's not like Khan wasn't awarded a KD he shouldn't have got. That said, whether you feel he beat Peterson (Which is a respectable opinion) what has he done that warrants fights against either Pacquiao or Mayweather? Just don't see how it's possible to duck someone who hasn't done a thing

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
            It's not only in this point of Pac's career, he studies tape good and see's flaws, no matter what no one says i give him props he knows how to come up with good game plans. But the things he says sometimes he just needs to shut up. With Cotto and Oscar talking about he got them at the right time. Shane Mosley making come to 142 CW and when Shane asked why since Pac fought ODH at 147 Roach said well your not ODH, implying he's better at this point then what ODH was at the time. Don't get me wrong IMO i think Pac would fight anybody you put in front of him, but it's double standards when it come to Floyd. Also some opponent Pac fights it a great fight but if Floyd gets matched up it would have been a cherrypick.
            Agreed! I'm fully aware of the double standards many fans hold(including myself without realizing) and Roach should just not talk on certain matters.

Comment

I know you're slight weight trolling, but you're actually right imo.

Floyd ducked Khan.
              Garcia ducked the rematch.
              Pacman ducked Khan.

Sheesh.
              Bradley ducked Khan

Comment

I'm a fan of both fighters so I don't want to see this fight in first place.

Comment

I wasn't at all impressed with his performance against Molina, I thought he lost to Peterson and the points being taken away were well justified, it's not like Khan wasn't awarded a KD he shouldn't have got. That said, whether you feel he beat Peterson (Which is a respectable opinion) what has he done that warrants fights against either Pacquiao or Mayweather? Just don't see how it's possible to duck someone who hasn't done a thing
                  I don't know how much it necessarily warrants a fight with Pac or May, but if either of the fights got made I wouldn't tear it to the ground either. Khan has done enough in his career to be taken as a respectable opponent. He's getting back on the right track, one more impressive win and one of the big names @ 147 will feel the pressure to fight Khan, he's back knocking on the door.

Comment

I mean get beat by the likes of Peterson and Garcia at '40, look shitty in his next two outings, then beat Collazo who has obviously seen better days, with only 2 fuckin' rounds under his belt after a long layoff and I'm suppose to give a fuck about him facing Pacquiao or Mayweather? Do something credible

Really don't care about what Mayweather promised, he shouldn't even be fighting such an opponent.

Khan was never beat by PEDerson. Khan has beaten the likes of Kotelnik,Judah,Maidana,Paulie,Diaz (before Porter & Thurman) ffs his only legit loss at 140 is Garcia so stop overrating things and Mayweather clearly ducked him by running that stupid Poll which Khan won then going back at his own words.

''I'm gonna Let MY FANS decide my next opponent''.

Comment

Morons.

Nobody is ducking Khan. Manny would beat his ass and KO him. He is not on Manny's level. I question how much you know about boxing. I like Khan but he talks too much. He thinks he is on Manny and Floyd's level, but he's not. He needs to take out a top 10 contender in the division before mentioning either of those two.

Comment

Working...
                      X