Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gary Russel Jr: I am a fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it safe to say that Loma has a better resume with only 1 pro fight?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      He's gonna do it too. Russell is blazing fast and has been in enough pro fights to decision Loma.
      Russell's speed should be a huge advantage in this fight, although Lomachenko can perhaps offset some of it with his height/reach edge.

Wouldn't surprise me to see a very cautious...one where neither fighter may be that active or effective.

But I have to favor Russell in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        I'm guessing the point of that whole segment kinda went over your head.
        The point flew over your head. There is no reason a fighter has to quote they are a fighter, duh. People already know or would know before the end of the video. No need for a cliche scripted line at the end to state the obvious. Put up a vote and see how many people would not know before the last line that he was a fighter. Zero. He should tell people something they may or may not know like his status such as "I am Gary Russell, I have had X number of amateur fights, x number of pro fights and I am ranked #1 by the World Boxing Organization".
        Last edited by richardt; 06-11-2014, 07:40 PM.

Comment

I like big head on this one.

Comment

I haven't stuidied lomachenko at all or how his style matches with gary but from the little I've seen, Russel JR seems to be the superior fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
              I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Russel beats Lomachenko. A fighter should not be getting 2 title shots in their first 2 fights. I don't care how good of an amateur they were. It's a slap in the face to all the fighters fighting for the top spot.
              and it's going to be even funnier if Loma wins.

This is a great fight with two young prospects. Kind of a cross roads for both.
              Last edited by Cuban Linx; 06-11-2014, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I could be wrong but I think Russell takes it against Lom for the following reasons. I think he is a little faster, smoother, and more powerful than Lom. But, every fight has a different set of dynamics and what seems like an edge on paper, may not be.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  The point flew over your head. There is no reason a fighter has to quote they are a fighter, duh. People already know or would know before the end of the video. No need for a cliche scripted line at the end to state the obvious. Put up a vote and see how many people would not know before the last line that he was a fighter. Zero. He should tell people something they may or may not know like his status such as "I am Gary Russell, I have had X number of amateur fights, x number of pro fights and I am ranked #1 by the World Boxing Organization".
                  SMH, yeah it went over your head. It's a Showtime segment called "I am a fighter". He had to say it man.

Comment

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
                    This is one of those fights that you don't want to see either guy lose. Both seem like very smart, very nice and genuine stand up guys. Also the loser of this is likely to face incredible criticism.

If Loma loses: "he was a bum, a hype job, he didn't earn anything, he sucks"
                    If Russell loses: "he beat up only cab drivers, as soon as he stepped up he lost"

Don't know who to root for in this one.
                    Exactly how i feel. I didn't wanna see this fight materialize because I'm a fan of both but as the bout gets closer, I excited to see how their styles will play out.
                    One thing tho....i liked the idea of Loma coming in quick and going for a championship, but he needs to slow down. It was pretty apparent in the Salido fight that he needs to learn the pro game. He got pushed around and bullied by Salido (who was overweight tho). That may not happen vs Russel but a tuneup or two to get adjusted would served his career better in the long term. (IMO)

Comment

Cool little video, but why is Russell in pajamas?

Comment

Working...
                      X