Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Javier Fortuna Fired Up: I'll Fight Mikey Garcia Anywhere!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Javier Fortuna Fired Up: I'll Fight Mikey Garcia Anywhere!

Super featherweight contender Javier Fortuna (25-0-1, 18 KOs) may be relaxing on vacation in Puerto Rico, but he was fired up in a BoxingScene telephone conversation when discussing current WBO champion Mikey García.

Fortuna has previously held the WBA interim title at featherweight but now feels he merits a shot at the Californian who is currently in dispute with his promoter, Top Rank.
    The Dominican Republic native had earlier uploaded a photo of himself on his Twitter account accompanied by a challenge to García.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fortuna looked average against that Mexican journeyman, but he could beat Glassia if he lands a decent punch. Fun fight to watch.

Comment

Yea well, we cant say the same for Garcia.

Comment

Anywhere? You should find him in a California court.

Comment

going by his last fight...I don't think he beats Garcia right now

Comment

I'mfrom the Dominican Republic like Fortuna is, but even I'd tell you garcia KOs this dude. He's a younger version of Judah, had a ton of talent but only fights for 5-6 rounds. In addition, garcia in my mind is one of the most talented fighter at any weight class.

Comment

Keep dreaming fortuna u will never b able to beat Garcia. Furtuna can't even beat rocky Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
                Fortuna looked average against that Mexican journeyman, but he could beat Glassia if he lands a decent punch. Fun fight to watch.
                Guy with a bum on his AVI talking sh't typical.

Comment

Originally posted by chepe009 View Post
                  I'mfrom the Dominican Republic like Fortuna is, but even I'd tell you garcia KOs this dude. He's a younger version of Judah, had a ton of talent but only fights for 5-6 rounds. In addition, garcia in my mind is one of the most talented fighter at any weight class.
                  I'd give you a green k if i knew how

Comment

Originally posted by chepe009 View Post
                    Well, I must say I disagree with your take on Fortuna. I don't think there is very much comparison between him and Judah. Fortuna has shown that he has heart which Judah in my opinion lacked. Also, part of the problem why Fortuna appears to fight a few rounds is because he starts off too fast looking for the K.O and eventually gets tired while at the same time getting discouraged. But even towards the ending rounds Fortuna will put some effort in it. Now, what Fortuna should try doing is be a little less reckless and a little bit more patient and not look for the K.O. He can box but most of the time chooses to go out of control and has gotten away with it so far but probably not against someone like Mickey. I also feel like he has yet to find the right trainer to exploit his talents...sometimes I feel like something is missing. But I'll give you this much....I also don't think he is quite ready for Mickey just yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X