Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are fans REALLY going to hold it against Floyd for not fighting Cotto again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be shocked if Floyd doesn't fight Cotto. Floyd wants lineal titles and he'll love it when he doesn't have to beat the best in the division to achieve that goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
      Here's the thing though, Floyd doesn't have anyone to fight. And Cotto is looking like a beast under Freddie.
      I agree, Cotto has looked very good against Delvin Rodriguez & Sergio Martinez. Two opponents he should have looked good against. In hindsight, and without a ******ed fan-worship mentality, Rodriguez is C-Level at best and Sergio was without a doubt damaged goods and should have never accepted the fight.

To be perfectly honest, Cotto had taken a dip with losses to both Trout and Mayweather and needed to get on a winning streak badly.

Enter Delvin Rodriguez & Sergio Martinez, two ideal opponents to answer the call.

******************* Here's a thought!

If you have a team that is batting .500 and they're losing to teams .650 and higher. But when they go against a team that is batting .350 @best and they win ......

Is this an indication of improvement????

NO!!!! They should be able to beat .350 teams and look good doing it.

And this is how I see Cotto post his last two fights, the level of competition has been lowered and it is an illusion that improvement has been achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        I'd be shocked if Floyd doesn't fight Cotto. Floyd wants lineal titles and he'll love it when he doesn't have to beat the best in the division to achieve that goal.
        pretty much how i see it. Wouldn't go as far as to say I'd be shocked if he didn't fight him but I'd be mildly surprised if he didn't especially if cotto gets one more win before mayweather is done ... canelo/lara winner for instance.

The whole situation is pretty lame really as everybody who knows anything knows that GGG beats anybody at 160 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
          pretty much how i see it. Wouldn't go as far as to say I'd be shocked if he didn't fight him but I'd be mildly surprised if he didn't especially if cotto gets one more win before mayweather is done ... canelo/lara winner for instance.

The whole situation is pretty lame really as everybody who knows anything knows that GGG beats anybody at 160 right now.
          Yeah. Shocked might be a reach when thinking further about it. Floyd can demand almost any fight he wants and decide pursesplits as well. In this case Cotto has some valuable leverage that might push Floyd more than he would want. The leverage for Cotto being the MW title and other big money options if Floyd doesn't Cave in (Canelo in particular).

Let Floyd fight an eliminator against GGG and we'll all be happy.

Comment

Depends who he fights instead. If he fights Pacquiao or Thurman or someone I won't complain. If he fights Fanny Garcia...then yes.

Comment

Isn't Cotto fighting at 160 now? So if they fight it would be for TBE's 154 belt right? I don't understand how anyone could really want to see this rematch. Everyone is trying to stack up the crads on TBE, why not have him fight a HW too.. Come on guys get real TBE fight from 147 to 154 and 154 isn't even his perfered weight class. Lets say he does rematch Cotto again and beats him again, the excuse will be the weight. How come nobody is calling for Pacman VS Cotto, Pacman VS Canelo...Thats is some real hater stuff!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                Yeah. Shocked might be a reach when thinking further about it. Floyd can demand almost any fight he wants and decide pursesplits as well. In this case Cotto has some valuable leverage that might push Floyd more than he would want. The leverage for Cotto being the MW title and other big money options if Floyd doesn't Cave in (Canelo in particular).

Let Floyd fight an eliminator against GGG and we'll all be happy.
                GGG is 32 and still hasn't beat a top 100 fighter. If he's having such a hard time getting a big name he can always move up one division and find one, instead of waiting on some little guy to hit his fifth or sixth division.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  GGG is 32 and still hasn't beat a top 100 fighter. If he's having such a hard time getting a big name he can always move up one division and find one, instead of waiting on some little guy to hit his fifth or sixth division.
                  It's pretty sad that he has been unable to lure a top guy in the ring with him. Geale will be his best win so far.

Forget Ward. He isn't fighting anyone any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Better question if is fans really believe Mayweather won't try to fight Cotto. I'd be shocked if he doesn't at least try.

dude, Ellerbee probably called Cotto's fat friend the moment the 1st round ended

it's gonna be a shame to hear all these Floyd f@gs brag about Floyd being the lineal MW champ

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                      Here's the thing though, Floyd doesn't have anyone to fight. And Cotto is looking like a beast under Freddie.
                      This. This, right here.
                      Last edited by Flood; 06-10-2014, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X