No announcement yet.

Past prime double standard (Cotto)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
    Well, the fanboys were in a perfect position.

They had an excuse build in long before the fight.

So they could just make the boldest and most one sided predictions out there.

And if they were embarassingly wrong on fight night who cares? They could just cry about the injury excuses. That's how it has gone down.
    Mate, two knee surgeries aren't an excuse. They are the facts of the situation. Sergio hobbling around the ring like a new born giraffe is something that we could see with their own two eyes.

If Sergio had won, do you think I'd be sitting here and saying he beat a prime, 100% Cotto? No. I said in 2010 that this would be a highly paid cherry pick for Sergio.

Comment

In the last 15 threads I have seen you post the same crying, fanboy drivel. "Waa Martinez was crippled before the fight!" so I am not going to look at you any differently untill you behave like a human being.
      "waa margarito was wearing plaster, waa". you know, margarito also beat martinez, have you ever heard him say anything about it? no.

Comment

All this talk about Martinez being past his prime with no mention of Cotto's past is silly. EVerybody seems to want to forget about a year and a half ago when everybody thought Cotto was finished after Trout beat him?

The man has taken an incredible amount of punishment in his career. Torres, Margarito especially, Pacquiao etc. These were brutal fights that usually end a fighter's career, and he has taken many shots in many other fights too. The fact that he's still here at this level mentally and physically is a credit to him as a certified HOF'er.

'But Martinez from a few years ago...' well who is to say that he would not face plant against prime Cotto who was last seen in 2008? And if he had moved up in weight earlier etc. The possibilities are endless and so are the excuses of Martinez fans.
        I touched on this in my thread earlier. Would these same guys who say Sergio is shot say the same if cotto lost? Would they discredit Sergio because cotto was "shot" from his wars? I highly doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by PRp4p757 View Post
          I touched on this in my thread earlier. Would these same guys who say Sergio is shot say the same if cotto lost? Would they discredit Sergio because cotto was "shot" from his wars? I highly doubt it.
          Well you're wrong

Comment

I'm pathetic? You guys are saying stuff like Martinez was legally crippled without joking, claiming that corruption was going on when it came to clearing Martinez for the fight so you even stooped to conspiracy theories, and yet I'm pathetic. LOL.
            You dont see the difference between a 33 year old veteran that had some hard fights but otherwise isnt crippled and a 40 year old that breaks all over in each fight? Cant help you man if you cant see the obvious.
            Its not that complicated, it was either a) or b)
            a) Martinez was recovered from his injuries and in spite of being older would likely beat Cotto, if not give at the very least a very hard, competitive fight
            b)Martinez was NOT recoverd at all, simply cant recover and is getting destroyed by any A level boxer, maybe even a B one with some hard work.
            Between those two anything could have happened. It so happens that Martinez was as bad a shape as team Cotto expected, maybe even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Mate, two knee surgeries aren't an excuse. They are the facts of the situation. Sergio hobbling around the ring like a new born giraffe is something that we could see with their own two eyes.
              I guess it's only a coincidence that most of the time he was staggering around the ring was right after Cotto hit him with flush left hooks. Or the first knockdown where he face planted from power punches and didn't have problems with his step, as Martinez himself confirmed that it was the first knockdown that decided the fight.

Again, this was a classic case of a built in excuse pre fight. Martinez fans as well as himself were so confident that Cotto was going to be destroyed due to the size difference and being past his prime as supposedly shown in the Trout fight.

What do you want, did you want free leeway to make the craziest predictions pre fight with no consequences later if it appeared that your build in excuse may have been true?

I don't think it is right that the embarassing things that were said before the fight can be excused like this.

Comment

jesus christ, 99% of Cotto's fanbase are dumber than casual fans

Comment

I guess it's only a coincidence that most of the time he was staggering around the ring was right after Cotto hit him with flush left hooks. Or the first knockdown where he face planted from power punches and didn't have problems with his step, as Martinez himself confirmed that it was the first knockdown that decided the fight.

Again, this was a classic case of a built in excuse pre fight. Martinez fans as well as himself were so confident that Cotto was going to be destroyed due to the size difference and being past his prime as supposedly shown in the Trout fight.

What do you want, did you want free leeway to make the craziest predictions pre fight with no consequences later if it appeared that your build in excuse may have been true?

I don't think it is right that the embarassing things that were said before the fight can be excused like this.
                  sergio's right foot was ****ing sideways, ignore THAT **** you moron

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
                    You dont see the difference between a 33 year old veteran that had some hard fights but otherwise isnt crippled and a 40 year old that breaks all over in each fight? Cant help you man if you cant see the obvious.
                    Its not that complicated, it was either a) or b)
                    a) Martinez was recovered from his injuries and in spite of being older would likely beat Cotto, if not give at the very least a very hard, competitive fight
                    b)Martinez was NOT recoverd at all, simply cant recover and is getting destroyed by any A level boxer, maybe even a B one with some hard work.
                    Between those two anything could have happened. It so happens that Martinez was as bad a shape as team Cotto expected, maybe even worse.
                    I literally stopped reading there, honestly. Not just using this internet saying, I actually didn't read the rest of your post, because anybody that descibes the career ending beatdowns of Cotto-Margarito 1 & Cotto-Pacquiao as "just some hard fights" can't be taken seriously.

Comment

He wasn't moving right from the first bell. His right leg was stiff as hell and he couldn't bend it to avoid the left hook.

Predictions are just that. Predictions. No one could know for sure how bad Sergio's knees were. I maintain that a healthy Sergio beats the hell out of Miguel.

I also said Cotto's got good timing and a good jab which would work well. Eventually though, Sergio's speed would tell and he'd land combinations on Cotto because Cotto has poor defence. The reason we didn't see any combinations from Sergio is because his legs wouldn't allow him to follow-up.

Comment

Working...
                      X