Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. Miguel Cotto: who would win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
    Glad we agree that GGG is a wrecking machine that would slaughter Cotto. If GGG fought any "lineal" champ of a division and beat that guy why would he turn away from another fighter in the same division? You have no idea bout GGG, he aint no Diva.
    Lol I'm not an idiot,yes GGG is a wrecking machine and Cotto has no business fighting him as I fear he would get beaten to a pulp that being said you have to remember Cotto was offered the fight with Martinez as Martinez has offered plenty of "smaller" fighters..Cotto accepted because they obviously knew Martinez was small and obviously beatable because of the small size difference and style

I know you GGG fans want a defining win for GGG but him him fighting Cotto would be pathetic on his part,Cotto isn't dumb he's going to vacate the title he came on the scales at 155 ffs

If you guys and GGG are that desperate for a credible opponent GGG is going to have to do what cotto has done time and time again and move up to where the money and glory is at,...the middleweight division is dead whereas only 8lbs higher and he has a really ripe division with plenty of talent to make a name for himself
    Last edited by Stuntman Mike; 06-08-2014, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
      Lol ok let's say GGG got an offer from a small cruiserweight champ,accepted it and won, would you expect him to fight a wrecking machine in that division?? You're a moron go **** yourself
      If Cotto won some little MW title it wouldn't be that big of a deal, like that silly belt Pacquiao won against Margarito at 154. There was no obligation for Pac to stay there. The problem here is Cotto won the lineal title, so it's important for the integrity of the sport he fights another middleweight. The MW crown is one of the few titles we can trace back over a decade. Hopkins, Taylor, Pavlik, Martinez and now Cotto. It would be such a shame if this lineage is broken, and that very well be the case, if say Cotto rematches Floyd, Floyd wins and then moves back down to 147/154.

To me, if you are a lineal title holder your obligated to defend it honorably. This isn't about being a fan of so and so, it's about what a lot of hardcore boxing fans care about - lineal titles (not just some alphabet belt).
      Last edited by ИATAS; 06-08-2014, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
        Dude they are making the same mistake they made in their Martinez-Cotto predictions. Martinez has NEVER fought a fighter as good as Miguel and he got his ass beat the fu.k down. Period.

Cotto is the best fighter Martinez has ever shared a ring with and it cant be argued. Golovkin who I love to watch fight has not fought a fighter HALF as good as Cotto.

Cotto undresses him and boxes him silly. GGG size and power is the only thing that keeps it somewhat close. Cotto wins 7 or 8 rounds.
        Cotto's boxing acumen is so underrated by most on here. He was making Martinez look downright foolish in the center of the ring and his timing last night was the best it has ever been, bar none and I've been watching him his entire career.

GGG would have to deal with an great jab, improved defense, excellent footwork, and smart combinations. Not to mention Cotto was faster than Maravilla last night.

Cotto's skills deserve respect.

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
        The ATG Cotto stan my dude El Angel finally woke up. Voted on his phone running to his PC to write an essay on why Cotto wins right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
          Lol I'm not an idiot,yes GGG is a wrecking machine and Cotto has no business fighting him as I fear he would get beaten to a pulp that being said you have to remember Cotto was offered the fight with Martinez as Martinez has offered plenty of "smaller" fighters..Cotto accepted because they obviously knew Martinez was small and obviously beatable because of the small size difference and style

I know you GGG fans want a defining win for GGG but him him fighting Cotto would be pathetic on his part,Cotto isn't dumb he's going to vacate the title he came on the scales at 155 ffs

If you guys and GGG are that desperate for a credible opponent GGG is going to have to do what cotto has done time and time again and move up to where the money and glory is at,...the middleweight division is dead whereas only 8lbs higher and he has a really ripe division with plenty of talent to make a name for himself
          Ok, Cotto just won the "lineal" middleweight championship, didnt he? Or did he just trick all the fans and fight an injured, shot old fighter who should have retired after his last fight against Murray? Sergio is not that small, GGG isnt that big is he? Golovkin starts training camp at about 167 pounds, i wouldnt call that big for a middleweight.

Also Roach said in an interview after Cottos victory (its still on the frontpage here) that he thinks Cotto can hang with Golovkin. GGG didnt mention Cottos name yet but Roach mentioned GGG because GGG is the real MW champ after Martinez gift decision in his backyard against Martin friggin Murray.

Why would Roach mention Golovkin's name and that Cotto could hang with him if they had no business fighting each other?

I like Cotto myself and i actually dont want to see that fight against GGG. It's just a little bit weird having a lineal champ in a division where everyone thinks that he will get annihilated by "just another guy" in the same division, isn't that hilarious?
          Last edited by Jubei; 06-08-2014, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
            If Cotto won some little MW title it wouldn't be that big of a deal, like that silly belt Pacquiao won against Margarito at 154. There was no obligation for Pac to stay there. The problem here is Cotto won the lineal title, so it's important for the integrity of the sport he fights another middleweight. The MW crown is one of the few titles we can trace back over a decade. Hopkins, Taylor, Pavlik, Martinez and now Cotto. It would be such a shame if this lineage is broken, and that very well be the case, if say Cotto rematches Floyd, Floyd wins and then moves back down to 147/154.

To me, if you are a lineal title holder your obligated to defend it honorably. This isn't about being a fan of so and so, it's about what a lot of hardcore boxing fans care about - lineal titles (not just some alphabet belt).
            Lol Cotto came in at 155 on the scales, he is going to vacate pal

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
              Ok, Cotto just won the "lineal" middleweight championship, didnt he? Or did he just trick all the fans and fight an injured, shot old fighter who should have retired after his last fight against Murray? Sergio is not that small, GGG isnt that big is he? Golovkin starts training camp at about 167 pounds, i wouldnt call that big for a middleweight.

Why would Roach mention Golovkin's name and that Cotto could hang with him if they had no business fighting each other?

Also Roach said in an interview after Cottos victory (its still on the frontpage here) that he thinks Cotto can hang with Golovkin. GGG didnt mention Cottos name yet but Roach mentioned GGG because GGG is the real MW champ after Martinez gift decision in his backyard against Martin friggin Murray.

I like Cotto myself and i actually dont want to see that fight against GGG. It's just a little bit weird having a lineal champ in a division where everyone thinks that he will get annihilated by "just another guy" in the same division, isn't that hilarious?
              Anyone that knows boxing knows GGG is the best middleweight in the world you're acting like it's Cottos fault GGG got denied the chance to fight Sergio when it mattered before Murray

Comment

The real question is, how will GGG respond to Cotto left hooks. We know GGG can be hit with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughts View Post
                  The real question is, how will GGG respond to Cotto left hooks. We know GGG can be hit with ease.
                  Cotto quit against a guy who barely weighed 100lbs when he first started fighting (Pacquiao) lmao!
                  He also quit against Margarito, GGG annihilates Cotto in a couple of rounds likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughts View Post
                    Yeah,, i can see ggg getting tagged alot, but can also see him dropping his own bombs on cotto..

cotto weighed in at 155, GGG would be a huge monster in there, and i dont see how cotto could avoid the shots and stand up all night...

It would be a war but the size difference would eventually wear cotto out..

GGG would get tagged alot but i think he stops cotto late

Comment

Cotto as tough as he is would be being plastered literally by the bombs of Margacheato but without the dodgy wraps in GGG.

He would probably take Cotto a legit 154lbr out via a bodyshot.

Comment

Working...
                      X