Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OKAY! So we all gonna act like Sergio injuries had nothing to do with this lost?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OKAY! So we all gonna act like Sergio injuries had nothing to do with this lost?

B4 the fight everybody was saying Martinez would TKO cotto...which i thought if he was healthy......But after the lost evrybody riding Cotto nuts....Cotto deserves full credit he did what he was suppose to do. But lets not act like Martinez didnt have on two knee braces....Moved around the ring funny and awkward

THis whole fight looked the 12th round with Chavez Jr.
    IMO.....THat round finished Martinez. Was the beginning of the end for him....ater that he was never the same.

But moving foward.....Cotto Vs Martinez would be as big as would have been before losses to Trout/ Floyd.

Comment

Martinez got caught in the first and never recovered.
      That is all.

Comment

if he was fighting the likes of chavez jr or paul williams he wouldn't have problems

i think the lack of steroids played a bigger part

Comment

We all knew about Sergio's knee before the fight. We knew it and most of us still picked him to win. We were wrong but let's not make excuses now. Martinez didn't.

Comment

If you're looking for reasonable discussion the day after a fight you've come to the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              If you're looking for reasonable discussion the day after a fight you've come to the wrong place.
              If you're able to get into the ring,you'll able to fight.End of.

Comment

Originally posted by Dabuu View Post
                B4 the fight everybody was saying Martinez would TKO cotto...which i thought if he was healthy......But after the lost evrybody riding Cotto nuts....Cotto deserves full credit he did what he was suppose to do. But lets not act like Martinez didnt have on two knee braces....Moved around the ring funny and awkward

IMO.....THat round finished Martinez. Was the beginning of the end for him....ater that he was never the same.
                Chavez has heavy hands which left him KO sensitive.Sergio damaged his knees by excessive moving which probably cause an injury by a certain pivot that didn't go to well I tore my meniscus by moving in the ring when i was working with my nephew. My knee has never been the same I have less muscle in my left leg than right. I also had surgery but to no relief so I know how Sergio feels

Comment

sergio didn't make any excuses. so i won't either.
                  Last edited by Divine Hammer; 06-08-2014, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dabuu View Post

Respect to both. I'm sure Martinez felt in his heart he was going to KO Cotto no matter how his knees felt, and many or most agreed. So knees have nothing to do with it. I'm sure Martinez will come back for a short run.

Let's not act like we forgot that Martinez accepted all the "diva" stuff just so he can put a beating on Cotto, knees or not. I saw Cotto drop Sergio 3 times in the first round by shots to the head, not the knees and he never really recovered.

Comment

Working...
                    X