No announcement yet.

Who should Miguel Cotto fight next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canelo-lara winner

idk why people are just saying canelo if he gets past lara, if lara beats alvarez he deserves it too and it would be a great fight.

floyd would probably love the chance to become lineal MW champ against a guy not that much bigger than himself, dont see roach giving him the chance though. dont see them fighting ggg either.

quillen might happen, he is a big dude with massive power but has no inside game at all and limited boxing skills and defense. that would be a very interesting fight imo, a challenge for both guys and a unification.

edit: i kind of want to see him fight bradley too just to see how ridiculously shredded bradley would be at 160lbs. he would be like a little ball of muscles and facial hair.
    Last edited by #1Assassin; 06-08-2014, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Canelo would be a great fight but I want him to fight tripple G

Comment

Voted Canelo. Screw Floyd and his sudden phobia of horse hair.

Comment

Fights I'd like to see, I guess in order;

Canelo
          GGG
          Trout(simply to avenge loss)
          Mayweather

And as outside shots of happening;
          Bradley, Marquez, and khan

Comment

All credit to Miguel here, but now that he's got that belt at middleweight- that lineal championship- I want the bull**** fights with junior middleweights and welterweights to stop.

I think, overall, middleweight is my favorite division. Seems like a great mix of speed and yet guys who get big enough to band decently, too. The last thing I want is for 160 to now attract blown up little guys trying to take Cotto's belt as he declines over the next few years.

Miguel is now lineal middleweight champion. He's got Hopkins' belt. He's the man. So fight legitimate middleweight challengers. That's why I can't go with Canelo.

Better or worse, it's Golovkin time. (Assuming he wins his next fight.)

Comment

If Floyd moved up to 160 and beat Cotto, he would be top 30 P4P all time. Nobody would doubt that he's the #1 P4P fighter of this era.

Comment

Canelo because although he's the lineal middleweight champ(lol), no way in hell he go's in there with GGG. Like i've stated before, always felt like he's ducked Canelo. Had the opportunity to fight him several times. Think it was even offered a few times. Hopefully his new found confidence let's him stand up to the challenge and avenge his brothers' loss.

Comment

i think either peter quillin or the winner of canelo vs lara.

Comment

How good do Floyd and Manny's respective wins over Cotto look now?

Comment

Originally posted by Hyacinth View Post
                      Canelo. although like i've stated before, always feel like he's ducked Canelo. Had the opportunity to fight him several times. Think it was even offered a few times. Hopefully his new found confidence let's him stand up to the challenge and avenge his brothers' loss.
                      And if he fought canelo, you'd say he ducked mayweather, trout or Martinez....

Comment

Working...
                      X