Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should Miguel Cotto fight next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way, I am expecting Alvarez to knock Cotto out cold, and it is from neutral point of view, even though I'm still feeling sad as Martinez fan !

Comment

Canelo makes the most sense but I want to see GGG get that MW belt.

Comment

Cotto/Canelo is a great fight and is the logical next step for both fighters as long as Canelo gets by Lara (which is no guarantee). The contrast in style, skill of the fighters, Mexico-Puerto Rico rivalry and popularity of the fighters all contribute to a huge sporting event.

Comment

As you all know, Cotto beat an old and badly shot Martinez.
          Cotto, as a MW lineal champ, should fight Golovkin -- but he will not fight him... Cotto will not fight even a bigger Canelo at MW... Cotto will look for a smaller and not so powerful middleweight or will fight somewhere south.

Comment

Unification would be nice but he just won the title. He should take one easier title defense and then either a mandatory or allow Martinez a rematch if he wants it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcov View Post
              Unification would be nice but he just won the title. He should take one easier title defense and then either a mandatory or allow Martinez a rematch if he wants it.
              Martinez is too shot to want the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
                All credit to Miguel here, but now that he's got that belt at middleweight- that lineal championship- I want the bull**** fights with junior middleweights and welterweights to stop.

I think, overall, middleweight is my favorite division. Seems like a great mix of speed and yet guys who get big enough to band decently, too. The last thing I want is for 160 to now attract blown up little guys trying to take Cotto's belt as he declines over the next few years.

Miguel is now lineal middleweight champion. He's got Hopkins' belt. He's the man. So fight legitimate middleweight challengers. That's why I can't go with Canelo.

Better or worse, it's Golovkin time. (Assuming he wins his next fight.)
                This is what should happen but it won't and we all know it. If Cotto does take on the top MW contender (and a belt holder) in GGG then he's got an ATG sack.

Comment

i think win lose or draw its got to be canelo. That fight would be gigantic even if canelo were to lose to lara. It could possibly be biggest ppv of the year depending who floyd fights next but honestly i think it will do very good. They could both fight at a comfortable weight like 157 no catch weights even needed. I think that fight needs to happen honestly i think its got make up of an an incredible build up and fight not to mention it would have the back drop of gbp and tr working together. Well see what happen but if canelo wins against lara a cotto canelo fight would be unreal imo

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    As you all know, Cotto beat an old and badly shot Martinez.
                    Cotto, as a MW lineal champ, should fight Golovkin -- but he will not fight him... Cotto will not fight even a bigger Canelo at MW... Cotto will look for a smaller and not so powerful middleweight or will fight somewhere south.
                    Well if that's the case then maybe Golovkin should pick on people his own size. Or do what Cotto did and move up a division. Or two. Or three. Or four.

Comment

i dont like the idea tho that a fighter takes a challenge by going up in weight and if they win people think they have to stay at that weight and defend against all comers i dont buy it. If a fighter goes up in weight for one its usually a fight that makes sense martinez is small for 160 it made sense but i dont buy that now he needs to fight at 160 for the rest his career screw that if hes better at 154 and has fights there why does he need to stay at 160. its not like hes moving up as a young fighter who is still growing the guy can still make 154 easy and probably 147 if he wanted to go through it i dont buy that hes a ducker if he dont stay at 160 screw that your tryin to punish him for taking a challenge most would not

Comment

Working...
                      X