Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Canelo makes it past Lara, Does he go after Cotto/Martinez Winner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Canelo makes it past Lara, Does he go after Cotto/Martinez Winner?

It just hit me, with Canelo growing out of 154 and possibly moving to 160 soon. Wouldn't the winner of Cotto/Martinez have a great incentive to win being that Golden Boy is open to working with other promoters now? If Cotto or Martinez wins I don't see either looking in GGG direction. The biggest money fight would be against Canelo for the WBC 160 strap. Now Canelo definitely has to make it past Lara but with this fight possibly in the balance Lara will have to do what Rigo did to Donaire and completely outclass him. If Lara gets knocked down one time I don't see him winning a decision with such a money making fight in the balance. Of course Showtime and HBO could put a wrinkle in this plan though. Let me know your thoughts.
    Last edited by hhwff3000; 06-05-2014, 02:21 PM.

Yes. Not only do I think Canelo goes after it, but so does the Martinez-Cotto winner. They're headed towards each other like two freight trains.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Yes. Not only do I think Canelo goes after it, but so does the Martinez-Cotto winner. They're headed towards each other like two freight trains.
      Very True, it makes the most sense for both parties financially

Comment

Canelo beats this older version of Cotto quite easily, not sure about Martinez though. Depends on how he looks this weekend...

Comment

he goes right into my heart.

Comment

I'm sure ppl hope Cotto and Canelo win because that fight would be big money in Vegas for the WBC mw title.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
              I'm sure ppl hope Cotto and Canelo win because that fight would be big money in Vegas for the WBC mw title.
              Canelo-Martinez would be huge as well.

Lara might spoil the plans though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                We all know Mayweather would jump at the chance at that belt if Cotto were to win. And realistically if presented with an option he would fight Floyd instead.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                  Canelo beats this older version of Cotto quite easily, not sure about Martinez though. Depends on how he looks this weekend...
                  Canelo would hurt Cotto at 160. I think he beats "Maravilla," too, at this stage in Sergio's career. Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to the fight on Saturday night; but, let's face it, those two cats have seen better days.

Comment

Canelo vs. Cotto would be a big fight win or lose. Think about it. When was Cotto's last significant win? Even with the losses people still want to see him in big fights. Loyal fanbase.

Comment

Working...
                    X