No announcement yet.

Hopkins gives his take on the Golden Divorce

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wonder187 View Post
    WondEr how much this has to do with Oscar going to rehab the week of the second biggest fight in boxing history or if he's using again?
    Gladiator is a good boxing movie, but I think it has more to do with Oscar not really being involved at all in the operation, now he used to do some stuff on conference calls and at press events but he really fell off. I just think it is a general lack of involvement, then now he wants to run the show.

I do hope he isn't using again that would be sad, sucks for him given the stressful circumstances he is in currently because that is a recipe for relapse.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      The only thing really important is the non-compete clause and there definitely should be one. That said, those things usually run for about a year (not long in the big scheme of things) or when the business that the prior CEO was handling is complete/over.

Also, unless GBP has some bylaws stating otherwise (and it's possible since they're a private firm), there is nothing that can stop Schaefer from starting his own company while holding shares of GBP. Now if he was to join another promotional company, they may (I repeat, may) ask him to sell his GBP shares simply because they don't want him to have a reason to see their rival do well.
      I said the same exact thing on another post.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...&postcount=188

It's true...there is most likely a non-compete clause. It's the reason why he's probably very open-ended with his "next step".

Comment

Interestingly enough, it appears that GBP and it's constituents never tied anyone down with any type of agreement. BHOP, if is a partner with GBP, isn't going anywhere fast. If he is looking to jump to another promoter - he'd probably couldn't because he would be subject to the same non-competing clause. He may want Haymon to represent him as a manager; or advisor, but that should have no impact to his duties/obligation as a partner for the company.

Comment

His speaking a like a fighter.

Hes going to go where ever he can get the most money at and for him its with Haymon ATM he got adonis and he dumb ass is actually campaigning to get a Mayweather fight and one thing for sure if he goes with GBP he definately will get it.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Two quotes are telling:

I kept telling everyone to go back and listen to his Shumenov in-ring post fight interview on Showtime. He makes it clear that he's siding with Schaefer and Haymon. He thanks Schaefer and says his loyalty is with Schaefer and that Al Haymon is a good friend of his. Says nothing about De La Hoya or Golden Boy.

Comment

Working...
            X