Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch: Americans don't want the Ward fight so what's the point?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

correction. americans don't give a **** about a ward v. froch fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sane Man View Post
      This way he doesn't have two losses against the same guy on his record and can say "I had an off night. My preparations were all screwed up etc etc etc"
      Froch never said that, he said Ward is probably someone who will never be beaten.

He'd fight Ward again, but deep down I think he knows Ward is too awkward for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

What, except the fact that Groves dominated the first fight, battered Froch for long periods (worse than anyone ever had) and had Froch the most hurt he's ever been in his career?

Yeah there was no way Groves could win the rematch....lol.

Froch could have quite easily given up the IBF belt. His mandatory is DeGale now and he'll likely drop the title because DeGale isn't as lucrative as the Groves rematch was. So wrong again.
        Just because Groves outboxed him for the majority of the first fight. Froch is a notoriously slow starter. Overlooked Groves and paid the price of looking awful.

But as Froch said even at his worst he found a way to win. Ate Groves best shots and was still there. As soon as Froch started to connect Groves unravelled.

So why anyone would have expected anything different from a Froch with his eyes firmly on the ball this time round I do not know.

Sure Groves can outbox Froch, but it was clear after the first fight he didn't have the toughness or stamina to be able to do it for the duration of 12 rounds. Eventually Froch would get to him and end the fight. And that's exactly what happened both fights.

What exactly was I "wrong" about? Me stating my opinion that Froch losing was highly unlikely? Or me stating that the IBF ordered Froch to rematch Groves?

Because the first is an opinion which can't be proven wrong. The second is an irrefutable fact. And that's all I said in my previous post.

Try not to be so eager to accuse someone of being "wrong" in future. Makes you look insecure and just a tad silly.

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        Froch never said that, he said Ward is probably someone who will never be beaten.

He'd fight Ward again, but deep down I think he knows Ward is too awkward for him.
        My mistake. It was Rob McCracken making excuses for him. Not only for that fight but for the Kessler fight too.

But to be fair that was a very close fight.

http://otrboxingradio.com/?p=1293

Comment

Whoa whoa Carl, when did I say I didn't want to see a rematch?

Comment

On Froch's best day and Ward's worst day, Carl still loses a decision.

Comment

I'm American and I want the fight in the UK..Come on Carly,let's make it happen..

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

What, except the fact that Groves dominated the first fight, battered Froch for long periods (worse than anyone ever had) and had Froch the most hurt he's ever been in his career?

Yeah there was no way Groves could win the rematch....lol.

Froch could have quite easily given up the IBF belt. His mandatory is DeGale now and he'll likely drop the title because DeGale isn't as lucrative as the Groves rematch was. So wrong again.
                I can't agree that Groves dominated the first fight,I believe me and you argued about this for sometime the day of the fight..I had it rather close,does not matter anyway,he stopped him twice now..

Froch kinda has a pass card to do whatever the hell he wants in my book..The man has been fighting nothing but the top level for a while now..

Comment

i agree with Carl....i dont want to see that. Ward is a gifted fighter but boring as hell to watch(my opinion)....i'd rather see Carl vs GGG and JCCJr

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
                    i agree with Carl....i dont want to see that. Ward is a gifted fighter but boring as hell to watch(my opinion)....i'd rather see Carl vs GGG and JCCJr
                    The problem with your logic is,if those other fighters are so exciting(Froch 3G and Chavez)then they should make Ward exciting as well..It's not only Wards job to take chances,esp if he does not have to..

I'd like to see all of them fighting each other tbh..Ward vs 3G 1st and Froch vs Chavez..Winners fight,and losers fight..Sounds good to me..

Comment

we'll take the fight. it would be great for confidence / solidarity.

we stronger than you can imagine!

Comment

Working...
                      X