Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nicholas Walters Eager To Face Nonito Donaire Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Size advantage gone for donaire and looks like $h!t now against guys his own size

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
      That was not really a knockdown. He threw a cheap shot in a clinch and I think he put his forearm/elbow on Rigo's face before he hit him. Donaire is definitely a huge puncher but that "knockdown" had nothing to do with power or even speed or accuracy.

I'd like to see Donaire vs. Walters but he must give Vetyeka a rematch first.
      All of this.

Comment

He's a beast

Comment

That was not really a knockdown. He threw a cheap shot in a clinch and I think he put his forearm/elbow on Rigo's face before he hit him. Donaire is definitely a huge puncher but that "knockdown" had nothing to do with power or even speed or accuracy.

Rigo was hanging on to him for dear life and Donaire pushed off, ducked a left hook and threw his own left hook and dropped him, How is that not really a knockdown? There was no punch on the break cuz the ref never tried to break it up.

That punch had EVERYTHING to do with timing, speed, accuracy and power

Comment

cant believe you would still say not a knockdown and a cheap shot. One of rigo worshipers in this era....

Comment

I think Walters vs Rigo will complement each other's style.

Step up Rigo.

Comment

Walters is bigger and is explosive with his punches.

I'd definitely want to see more of him because those knockouts are pretty exciting and so far his best opponent was Vic Darchinyan

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                  Rigo was hanging on to him for dear life and Donaire pushed off, ducked a left hook and threw his own left hook and dropped him, How is that not really a knockdown? There was no punch on the break cuz the ref never tried to break it up.

That punch had EVERYTHING to do with timing, speed, accuracy and power
                  Hanging on for dear life? He had no reason to do that... I've watched almost all his fights and he never holds. If I remember correctly Donaire put his forearm on Rigo's face before he hit him. I don't think it's legal. It was an iffy knockdown. "Protect yourself at all times" I guess.

And no, it had nothing to do with power, speed, etc. Timing & Accuracy: he didn't catch him with a counterpunch in an exchange. Power: Rigo was squared up and didn't expect a punch, he would have been dropped by a featherfisted fighter in this position.

Comment

Originally posted by HIGHNESS View Post
                    Not sure why people automatically think Walters would beat Donaire, I mean Walters look flat footed and he looked good vs an old Vic who followed the whole fight and had very little reach. Donaire probably has one of the best left hooks in the game, and Walters, with his style can get caught. Not to mention styles make fights. Donaire has a chin and to beat him you have to have tremendous speed and footwork. He may got a cheap win vs Vetyka, but he still beat him and knocked the dude down. He probably would have destroyed Vetyka regardless if the fight wasn't stopped. Donaire played it smart. Some people just don't know **** about boxing.
                    Because Donut is a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray-boom View Post
                      Walters would destroy Donaire, Donaire, doesn't have the size advantage at 126 that he had at lower weights...Donaire is probably better fighter than Walters but not better Featherweight if that makes sense.
                      Agree 100%

Comment

Working...
                      X