No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: DeGale Looked Good, But I'm Due a Voluntary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch: DeGale Looked Good, But I'm Due a Voluntary

The lure of boxing in Las Vegas could take Carl Froch to the United States for his next fight.

Froch, who knocked out George Groves in the eighth round in London to retain his IBF and WBA super-middleweight titles, refused to identify his preferred next opponent.

James DeGale is a possibility after he won an eliminator to challenge for the IBF belt on the undercard.

Sakio Bika, Cameroon's Australia-based WBC champion, was at the news conference after the tournament at Wembley Stadium to challenge Froch to a world title unification bout.

But Froch seemed to prefer the idea of fighting in the world's boxing capital rather than settling another domestic dispute with DeGale.

"I'm going to have the summer off before I even discuss what I do with boxing," Froch told reporters. "That was one of the best nights of my career. Whatever I do now in boxing I will be a happy man. But that's not saying I'm going to retire.

[Click Here To Read More]

A fight with Chavez Jr in Vegas would be the most logical choice if he wants to fight in the U.S.

Comment

DeGale needs another keep busy fight, then.

Still don't believe he's ready for Froch

Comment

Degale should fight Mikkel Kessler and that fight holds a meaning for both. James winning that fight would show he is more than ready for Froch and for Mikkel it'll get him a trilogy fight with Froch.

Comment

Degale should face either Abraham or Bika for their title before going up against Froch. Froch has bigger fish to fry like another monster payday against Junior.

Comment

It'd be great to see DeGale against a top 10 guy but now he has that mandatory shot guaranteed I can't see him risking it, even if he has to wait for a while to get it.

Comment

WTF is he taking about, due a voluntary, this Groves fight was your voluntary, neither of the sanctioning bodies forced this rematch

Comment

Originally posted by hogwash View Post
                WTF is he taking about, due a voluntary, this Groves fight was your voluntary, neither of the sanctioning bodies forced this rematch
                Well they did so you're wrong there.

Groves went to the IBF in New Jersey to have a little whinge and they #mandated an immediate rematch.

Comment

Working...
                X