Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch-Groves II will be at 3 in the morning tonight for Americans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
    I used to stay up until 5-6am on the Sunday morning, depending on when the card finished. And then sleep for a few hours. I'd be paying for it for a couple of days though.

I don't do that anymore though. I don't care whether I see the fight live or not anymore.
    precisely this. I went through a 3-4 year period in my life of staying up till 4-6am for American PPVs. That **** gets recorded now and watched sometime the next day. It's not worth ****ing up the whole week.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Serious question; what do you guys do when our PPVs are on?

Do you like nap then wake up when the card starts?
      I used to stay up all night drinking, but often ended up blitzed by the time the main event came on! Getting too old for that now, so just set the alarm, or record it and watch the following day.

Staying up until 5am for Pacquiao - Hatton and then it's over in 2 rounds - that is soul destroying!

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
        I used to stay up until 5-6am on the Sunday morning, depending on when the card finished. And then sleep for a few hours. I'd be paying for it for a couple of days though.

I don't do that anymore though. I don't care whether I see the fight live or not anymore.
        It's not the same when it's not live imo. Would just check the result and not bother watching half the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          It's not the same when it's not live imo. Would just check the result and not bother watching half the time.
          It's not the same but it's better than being wrecked all day Sunday sometimes. If I'm not waiting up I just leave the video trading block page open and download it as soon as I wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by TGD View Post
            I used to stay up all night drinking, but often ended up blitzed by the time the main event came on! Getting too old for that now, so just set the alarm, or record it and watch the following day.

Staying up until 5am for Pacquiao - Hatton and then it's over in 2 rounds - that is soul destroying!
            I would've been pissed if I stayed up until 5am for Pacquiao Hatton.

That's another factor I was wondering, most of us drink and watch fights; I can't imagine drinking like I normally do and making it to 5am haha.

You guys have it rough

Comment

Pacquiao vs Hatton was pretty sensational though. As long as you weren't a diehard Hatton fan it was brilliant. The worst is when the fight turns out to be a drab 12 rounder where nothing remotely memorable happens. If the NSB threads end up being more interesting than the fight then it's fair to say you've just wasted your entire weekend.

Comment

Set alarm for about 3:45 and watch the final undercard fight usually. Mayweather cards are usually worth waking a bit earlier for, but it can be a pain in the ass if all the undercards are going to decision and 5am comes and goes before the main event. Especially this time of year where it starts getting light outside when your watching the ring walk.

I Never stay up, always nap first so big British fights are a treat, I can actually have a beer or 7 tomorrow for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson Silva View Post
                  Nope, its like 3 pm for USA.. lucky sods, us hardcore British fans have to stay up to 4am for your American fights but you dont have to stay up for ours.
                  True that

Comment

Originally posted by killamoneymike View Post
                    This might be a silly topic, but I hear somewhere on this board someone said he would be waiting up to 3 am to watch this fight because thats what time it will air where he lives. I dunno what he was talkin about. What time will Americans see this fight live?
                    Saturday 31st MayCarl Froch vs. George Groves 2
                    TV: Sky PPV + HBO
                    Time: 4pm EST / 20.00 GMT / 21.00 UK / 22.00 CET (Maybe some tv channels start 3h earlier?)

if you live in california and are watching it stream broacast starts at 1pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      It's not the same but it's better than being wrecked all day Sunday sometimes. If I'm not waiting up I just leave the video trading block page open and download it as soon as I wake up.
                      I agree, we're not in a good situation.

I don't use the video block downloads because a virus from them ruined a computer I had in 2009 (Pac-Cotto).

Comment

Working...
                      X