Comments Thread For: Povetkin vs. Charr Early Results From Russia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K.o of the year contender.

Comment

Charr is a better poser than fighter. Just a bigmouth with not enough boxing skills for the top level. Vitali Klitschko already played with him....

Comment

Originally posted by johnnycontrolet View Post
        Charr is a better poser than fighter. Just a bigmouth with not enough boxing skills for the top level. Vitali Klitschko already played with him....
        yea,,,it mind boggles me how so many thought this would be a competitive fight. povetkin has some flaws but he is world class and charr is nothing more than a journeyman

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
          Diamond Boy! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still the true WBC champ in my eyes
          Me too. Still undefeated. Still a ducked man. Still the TRUE WBC champ.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
            Me too. Still undefeated. Still a ducked man. Still the TRUE WBC champ.
            Hometown robbery man.....that's how it'll go down

Comment

That was indeed a monster combo, especially the last right. Holy moly. Like O.H. Canada said, with the right ref who wouldn't allow Wlad to play grab n' hold all night, Pov could conceivably stop Klit... although it would depend on how much trouble Wlad's jab gives him.

Watched the fight again... didn't see much from Charr but some jabs and alotta holding. Pov could've maybe even ended it sooner.
              Last edited by PunchyPotorff; 05-30-2014, 10:37 PM.

Comment

As I posted earlier, Charr's biggest asset was his mouth...Nice win 4 Povetkin, only surprise was how long it went; I was thinking 5...

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  That was indeed a monster combo, especially the last right. Holy moly. Like O.H. Canada said, with the right ref who wouldn't allow Wlad to play grab n' hold all night, Pov could conceivably stop Klit... although it would depend on how much trouble Wlad's jab gives him.

Watched the fight again... didn't see much from Charr but some jabs and alotta holding. Pov could've maybe even ended it sooner.
                  Wlad´s jab is a lot of trouble for any HW of any era. Wlad really did his home work for the Povetkin fight: he knew Povetkin would be a real threat at mid to close range so Wlad completely prevented that. Ugly as s*it and boring but the ref let it go so Sasha had no chance. I still rate Povetkin at #2, right behind Klitschko.

Comment

Nice KO but Charr is horrible. Povetkin is really undersized in today's division and only really has speed on his side. His power at heavyweight doesn't look that impressive and he's really just a volume puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
                      Nice KO but Charr is horrible. Povetkin is really undersized in today's division and only really has speed on his side. His power at heavyweight doesn't look that impressive and he's really just a volume puncher.
                      So was Frazier.

Comment

Working...
                      X