Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fights we missed out on and what would have been their results?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    Salvador Sanchez vs Alexis Arguello

I would have loved to see this one, I think Arguello might have been a little too strong for Sanchez but if he pulled it off it would have been one hell of a atg resume at just 23.
    More like Salvador Sanchez vs a buncha people.

That was a horrible loss.

Comment

Ray Robinson-Burley

Mosley-Judah

Mayweather-Pac

Leonard-Pryor

Lewis -Bowe

Tyson-Foreman

Tyson-holyfield-prime

Comment

Morales VS JMM
        Manny Vs VAlero
        Manny vs Guzmon
        Floyd vs Willams
        Floyd Vs Margarito
        Floyd vs Manny

Comment

Trinidad vs Mosley at 154.
          Trinidad vs Quartey at 147.
          Margarito vs Vargas 154.
          Williams vs Pavlik at 160.
          Corrales vs Gatti at 135.
          Cotto vs Hatton at 140 .
          Hoya vs Cotto at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Badzi87 View Post
            Yeah I know what you mean man, was a clear case of Forrest avoiding Martinez and it was a big loss to the sport.
            No offense, but that's nonsense imo.

Forrest won his title back from Mora in September 2008 and passed away in July 2009.

Martinez was almost entirely unknown before the Cintron robbery (February 2009), and it was the first Williams fight (December 2009) that really put him on the map. Heck, people considered him a cherry pick for Cintron...

I don't see a case for Forrest ducking Martinez, and I don't recall anyone screaming for the fight. (I do think Martinez would have beaten Forrest, but that alone doesn't mean Forrest was avoiding him.)

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
              No offense, but that's nonsense imo.

Forrest won his title back from Mora in September 2008 and passed away in July 2009.

Martinez was almost entirely unknown before the Cintron robbery (February 2009), and it was the first Williams fight (December 2009) that really put him on the map. Heck, people considered him a cherry pick for Cintron...

I don't see a case for Forrest ducking Martinez, and I don't recall anyone screaming for the fight. (I do think Martinez would have beaten Forrest, but that alone doesn't mean Forrest was avoiding him.)
              Sergio won the interim title from Bunema in late 08 he looked very good in the fight making him Forrest's mando, there were alot of articles about it then on the site but Forrest wanted a bigger fight and knew Sergio was a high risk no reward.....simply he didn't want to fight the guy.

Comment

Aaron pryor vs the welterweights that ducked him. Pryor beat hearns in amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  Sergio won the interim title from Bunema in late 08 he looked very good in the fight making him Forrest's mando, there were alot of articles about it then on the site but Forrest wanted a bigger fight and knew Sergio was a high risk no reward.....simply he didn't want to fight the guy.
                  Forrest died less than a year after Martinez vs Bunema, and fought no one in the meantime. I don't think we can claim he was avoiding Martinez. Maybe he was after a bigger money fight, but if so, who can blame him?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
                    Forrest died less than a year after Martinez vs Bunema, and fought no one in the meantime. I don't think we can claim he was avoiding Martinez. Maybe he was after a bigger money fight, but if so, who can blame him?
                    Sergio wanted his shot, and he was dragging his feet trying to maybe get Abraham at the time for the IBF MW title but I clearly remember articles on this site about the issue where it looked real bad like he was avoiding Sergio who he was obligated to fight.

Comment

Jcc sr v. Miguel cotto @140.

Pac man v. Naseem @135

Mayweather v. Morales @135 how true were the rumors would love to see it

Martinez v. Bhop @160

Martinez v. Trinidad @154

Mayorga v. Rios @140

Morales v Broner @135

Morales v. Rigo @126

Barrera v.rigo @126

Ok im done I can keep goin but im done

Comment

Working...
                      X