Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mago is a strong-willed person.

Comment

sometimes you really hate this sport.

i'm glad abdusalamov's life is improving. that's all we can ask for at this stage. it's still god awful to see this, and makes you think hard about your love for boxing.

sometimes i see hard boxing matches, where the health of the athletes are clearly compromised in the long term, and i think, "why the hell do i enjoy this? what's gone wrong in my head that makes me seek this out and enjoy it?"

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        sometimes you really hate this sport.

i'm glad abdusalamov's life is improving. that's all we can ask for at this stage. it's still god awful to see this, and makes you think hard about your love for boxing.

sometimes i see hard boxing matches, where the health of the athletes are clearly compromised in the long term, and i think, "why the hell do i enjoy this? what's gone wrong in my head that makes me seek this out and enjoy it?"
        I feel the same way

I love seeing the technical and competition side of boxing but seeing someone permanently changed from the sport is tough

This is why boxing needs a pension program like the NFL or NBA

Comment

I'm very happy he's recognizing his family,/i never thought he would improve...today i am very grateful for all i have,god help him keep improving and thank you for my health...keep us informed!

Comment

Originally posted by badzi87 View Post
            i know i unfairly criticise people sometimes in this hurtful sport and i guess it's a form of anger and immaturity together but that picture there has broken my heart in pieces. I can't believe magos unfortunate luck for trying to earn his bread for his family and entertaining us has led him to this. I sincerely hope from the bottom of my heart he can make a miraculous recovery and continue to spend a long and healthy life with his family.

Get well soon champ.
            we boxing fans really are a caring group underneath...peace and love to all my boxing brothers...and sisters!

Comment

Very happy to hear that, most with those injuries don't survive or have really low recovery rate.

I hope he continues to improve

Comment

The way those initial reports sounded, it didn't appear likely Mago would ever be able to do even what he's doing. It's a minor miracle, a testament to his will, his physical strength and the love of his family.

I'm fond of saying that the term "modern medicine" is an oxymoron, but the doctors here have obviously done a fine job. Not long ago, Magomed would've died from his injuries, or wound up in a vegetative state. I'm grateful he's come so far that I can dare dream of even greater improvement for him.

Comment

Great news we've been waiting to hear something positive about Mago's recovery and thankfully we have some positive news! Godspeed Champ and may you continue your road to recovery with the love and help of your family by your side and the prayers of all us fans! You have won the greatest Championship of all by fighting to get to where you're at now and not giving up.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    Thank God; but still like Cu****uy said I get mixed feelings looking at that picture.

I hope he continues to improve
                    Doesn't look like anyone is home.

Comment

Working...
                    X