• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    He said it too

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    You said...
    Okay I'm sorry. Schafer rejected it because he wasn't a big enough name (before proceeding to approve KRo Murat who has never fought in the US. Meanwhile Kovalev fought 3 times on national American tv that year)

Showtime rejected it because of schedule, budget, lack of depth in the division, etc (before approving Murat)

Just face it- Showtime and Schaefer ducked Kovalev lol

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.
      Errr Stevenson did his share in the duckage too.
      Did his share? Stevenson ran away from a career high pay day and another title to fight Fonfara on showtime lol.

I was just Talking about the Hopkins-Kovalev duck by Showtime/Schaefer

Comment

• Originally posted by King- View Post
        Okay I'm sorry. Schafer rejected it because he wasn't a big enough name (before proceeding to approve KRo Murat who has never fought in the US. Meanwhile Kovalev fought 3 times on national American tv that year)

Showtime rejected it because of schedule, budget, lack of depth in the division, etc (before approving Murat)

Just face it- Showtime and Schaefer ducked Kovalev lol
        How do you duck some one when his best win was Gabriel Campillo at the time?

GGG ducked Ward. Same network, was willing to go up to Ward's weight class to fight some one else, called every one out. That's a duck.

Comment

• Thread timeline.

------------------------------------

672k viewers reported:

800k peak reported:

Does not fit agenda:

Comment

• Originally posted by King- View Post
            Did his share? Stevenson ran away from a career high pay day and another title to fight Fonfara on showtime lol.

I was just Talking about the Hopkins-Kovalev duck by Showtime/Schaefer
            Thats why I deleted my post. You must have this **** on auto refresh or something cause I deleted it quick too. Hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
              Thread timeline.

------------------------------------

672k viewers reported:

800k peak reported:

Does not fit agenda:

The peaked number doesnt say much. It just means at any given time during the fight there was 800k people watching. The average is the number that actually counts. Thats the number that was consistantly watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                The peaked number doesnt say much. It just means at any given time during the fight there was 800k people watching. The average is the number that actually counts. Thats the number that was consistantly watching.

You got a source for that or you just pulled it out your ass?

If it doesn't matter why is it consistently given in press releases by both HBO and SHO? Why is it always quoted on websites that report ratings?

They must have missed the memo from JSFD26 that it doesn't count and doesn't say much.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
                  You got a source for that or you just pulled it out your ass?

If it doesn't matter why is it consistently given in press releases by both HBO and SHO? Why is it always quoted on websites that report ratings?

They must have missed the memo from JSFD26 that it doesn't count and doesn't say much.
                  Why are you getting so defensive? So, would you rather have a fight that peaked at 800k for one round or a fight that avg'ed 700k-750k the entire fight?

Im not saying thats what happened with Stevenson-Fonfara but it could very well be the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                    Meh, it was the NBA playoffs. Ratings don't matter doe, I watched it so theres 1!11
                    Boxing will always being going up against other sports in some fashion.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      How do you duck some one when his best win was Gabriel Campillo at the time?

GGG ducked Ward. Same network, was willing to go up to Ward's weight class to fight some one else, called every one out. That's a duck.
                      Man come on. I don't even know why you're bringing up Golovkin.

You have no argument here. Stevenson clearly ducked Kovalev. And Showtime/Schafer ducked... Or if you wanna call it "rejected" Kovalev for Hopkins

Obviously they know sometning you don't. Sergey Kovalev is a bad, bad man

Comment

Working...
                      X