Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
    Miguel Angel Gonzalez - Jan 2024

BEST CHIN
    Chavez: “Chavez had a good chin. He took all those punches and not for nothing is he considered the best Mexican world champion. I remember Soberanes, he was not a champion. I landed my best punches and he laughed at it; it was very frustrating for me. He didn’t seem to be affected. I had to land combinations and stopped him with the accumulation [of shots] and not one big punch.”
    It sounded like he thought he finished JCC

Comment

• Originally posted by buge View Post

It sounded like he thought he finished JCC
      he's talking about chavez in the first 2 sentences, the rest is about juan soberanes

Comment

• Lovemore Ndou - March 2024

BEST JAB
        Paulie Malignaggi
        : “I would have to pick Paulie Malignaggi. He was very slick with his jab.”

BEST DEFENSE
        Junior Witter
        : “He was very elusive with a very unusual fighting style.”

BEST HAND SPEED
        Canelo Alvarez
        : “It seems he keeps improving with every fight. He is also a great counterpuncher.”

BEST FOOTWORK
        Alvarez
        : “He moves very well in the ring, and that’s what makes him so dangerous.”

SMARTEST
        Alvarez
        : “I found Canelo Alvarez and Miguel Cotto very smart in the ring. Canelo slightly edges it.”

STRONGEST
        Miguel Cotto:
        “I would have to go with Miguel Cotto. I would also say Alvarez, but when I fought Alvarez, I was just a little guy coming up against a big fighter. The fight was at junior middleweight, but I was only a junior welterweight that went up in weight to fight him because the purse was good. Cotto, on the other hand, was a legit junior welterweight when I fought him but strong as a bull.”

BEST PUNCHER
        Jose Luis Juarez
        : “He is the first boxer to ever drop me fairly. I recall getting up and referee Marty Denkin was on the seven count. It was towards the end of Round 9, and when I got up, I held onto him like I was going to fornicate with him until the bell went.”

BEST CHIN
        Daomai Sithkodom
        : “A Thai fighter I fought in Australia. I hit him with everything I had, but he wouldn’t go down.”

BEST BOXING SKILLS
        Canelo:
        “Canelo and Cotto are the best-skilled fighters I have fought. Canelo slightly edges this one. His record and achievements in boxing speak for themselves.”

BEST OVERALL
        Canelo/Cotto
        : “I’m sorry, I cannot pick one. I would have to go with Canelo and Cotto. It’s a tie. Both of them are great fighters I have immense respect for, with exceptional skills. They both could box and brawl, which made them the best overall. I can only judge their greatness by their performance against each other, but not by how they performed against me. Alvarez beat Cotto in one of the most beguiling spectacles: two boxers with equal measures of class and artistry. You make your own judgment.”
        Apollo7 Apollo7 buge buge like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post

BEST PUNCHER
          Jose Luis Juarez
          : “He is the first boxer to ever drop me fairly. I recall getting up and referee Marty Denkin was on the seven count. It was towards the end of Round 9, and when I got up, I held onto him like I was going to fornicate with him until the bell went.”

Comment

Working...
          X