Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best I've faced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most don’t include most frustrating/ tough , I’d say Vitali Klitschko . Maybe the most awkward power puncher at 6”7 we’ve seen . He punished guys .who couldn’t read or reach him . steward said that was the smartest guy next to Ali in the ring when he was working with Wlad .

Comment

• Saman Sorjaturong - March 2020

BEST JAB
      Ricardo Lopez
      : He had a very precise and heavy jab. Very dangerous.

BEST DEFENSE
      Manuel Herrera
      : Manuel Herrera was very good at blocking punches.

FASTEST HANDS
      Joma Gambo
      a: Joma Gamboa from the Philippines. His hands were very fast and precise.

FASTEST FEET
      Herrera
      : His forward and backward movements were rapid. He could move around for 12 rounds non-stop.

BEST CHIN
      Roberto Padilla
      : Roberto Padilla from the Philippines. He took a lot on his chin, but I could not knock him out.

SMARTEST
      Lopez
      : He never took risks. He waited until he saw a clear window of opportunity to attack.

STRONGEST
      “Chiquita” Gonzalez
      : He had a real fighting style. He took a lot from me, but he did not show any sign of damage. I admire him a lot for fighting very fairly. No tricks, no holding on to me even when to took a lot. Great boxer.

BEST PUNCHER
      Lope
      z: Again, Ricardo Lopez, he threw perfectly diverse punches — uppercut, hook, cross. He also made every punch count.

BEST BOXING SKILLS
      Lopez
      : I respect him a lot. He attacked and defended very skillfully. He had very good eyesight, quick reaction and a very good punch variety. I had to be very focused at all times. Otherwise, it would be very dangerous with him.

BEST OVERALL
      Lopez
      : He was the full package, good speed, precise punches, and great physique. He was tall, he was smart, and had great endurance. Really, he was the full package, he was a perfect boxer.

Comment

• Felix Trinidad - 2014

*Originally posted in Ring in 2014, however I don't think it's ever been posted in this thread.

BEST BOXER
        Roy Jones Jr
        .: I have great respect for Roy Jones. He is a complete boxer with tremendous skills. He has fast, strong hands and incredible reflexes.

BEST JAB
        Winky Wright
        : Of all the boxers that I fought, the boxer that used the jab best is Winky. His jab bothered me all night.

BEST DEFENSE
        Pernell Whitaker
        : When boxing experts discuss who the best defensive fighters are, the name of Pernell Whitaker is always in the conversation. We knew that he was very good defensively, so we came prepared for the fight. I am the only one that has beaten Whitaker convincingly.

BEST CHIN
        Hector Camacho Sr.:
        He was never knocked out in his whole career, and he fought good punchers. I remember that I wasn’t able to knock him out, but he got to feel my punch and I hurt him twice. He is one of the best Puerto Rican fighters to step in the ring.

BEST PUNCHER
        David Reid
        : David Reid had the power to knock me out; he hit hard. When I fought him, he hit me with some good punches in the early rounds. He won an Olympic gold medal by knockout, even with the fact that you fight with headgear and the gloves are more cushioned.

FASTEST HANDS
        Camacho
        : You know he was known for his quickness in the ring. Of the boxers I fought, I have to go with Camacho. He had fast hands and a good jab.

FASTEST FEET
        Camacho:
        It was hard to cut the ring off when I fought him. He was skillful. His fast feet also helped him when he was hurt and made it hard to hit him.

SMARTEST
        Whitaker
        : Whitaker was the smartest. To go the distance with me he had to be intelligent. He used his small height as an advantage, bending down almost to the floor, and he knew when to grab on.

STRONGEST
        Reid
        : As I said, he hit hard, but he is also physically strong.

BEST OVERALL
        Jones
        : I fought the best of the best, but if I had to choose one, it needs to be Roy Jones. He is one of the most dominant boxers in the last decade and he went on to become heavyweight champion

Comment

• You guys can also just google best I faced archives and check them out instead of waiting for / having chris post them . There are alot of them

Comment

• Originally posted by NORMNEALON View Post
            You guys can also just google best I faced archives and check them out instead of waiting for / having chris post them . There are alot of them
            Or, we can contribute to, and support this goated thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              Or, we can contribute to, and support this goated thread.

Agreed but they would have to read them first to do so 😉

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
                the Mosley one seems a lil difference. Seems like Shane just answered with names but gave no input like the other guys. The interviewer or whoever just put there own spin on why Shane answered that way
                - -The Anson series was refreshingly seminal in the beginning, but as the fighters began reading it, they realized they could payback imagined career slips and slights by their responses.

Now the format is established and the fighters predisposed to bitterness can orchestrate jaded responses.

Comment

• Alfredo Evangelista - March 2020

BEST JAB
                  Muhammad Ali
                  : No doubt about it. Larry Holmes had a good jab too, but Ali was the best.

BEST DEFENSE
                  Ali
                  : He made mistakes like everybody, but he was the smartest in this aspect – very difficult to hit.

FASTEST HANDS
                  Ali
                  : The left hand was invisible. He wasn’t a slugger, but he was crushing you with the speed.

BEST FOOTWORK
                  Ali
                  : When I fought Ali he was old, but he still had amazing footwork.

BEST CHIN
                  Larry Holmes
                  : I hit him with some good punches and he didn’t blink.

SMARTEST
                  Ali
                  : Ali was untouchable; his face was perfect. He was the smartest in boxing history. He beat you at the weigh-in, he beat you at the press conference, he was an incredible athlete.

STRONGEST
                  Renaldo Snipes
                  : He was an animal, a beast. I beat him by split decision in Cleveland after 10 hard rounds.

BEST PUNCHER
                  Snipes
                  : He could hit you harder than Larry Holmes. He was a horrific puncher.

BOXING SKILLS
                  Ali
                  : Ali was the most talented fighter ever. He was like [soccer player Lional] Messi in those days, other fighters were very good, but he is different.

BEST OVERALL
                  Ali
                  : What can I say? Ali left a mark on me for all my life. He revolutionized boxing and sport in general. He was a very special person.

Comment

• Amazing thread!

Comment

• Meldrick Taylor - March 2017

*Originally published in Ring in 2017

BEST JAB
                      Aaron Davis
                      : Because he had a height and reach advantage. It was more of a weapon for him.

BEST DEFENSE
                      Terry Norris
                      : Because of his foot movement, he was more up on his toes. He had good movement.

BEST CHIN
                      Julio Cesar Chavez
                      : I hit him with shots and he didn’t blink too much. I hit him with some good shots.

BEST PUNCHER
                      Chavez
                      : I guess the way he puts his punches together. He got his body behind the punches.

FASTEST HANDS
                      Norris
                      : Again, he boxed on his toes and was similar to my style. Nobody was as fast as me.

FASTEST FEET
                      Norris
                      : He fought on his toes, he was in and out – he’s in, he’s out.

SMARTEST
                      Chavez
                      : I’d say because he conserved himself; he didn’t rush his punches, he took his time. He was behind but he kept his composure.

STRONGEST
                      Norris
                      : Chavez didn’t push me back too much. I would say Norris because of his punching power and because I was a natural junior welterweight and he was a junior middleweight.

BEST SKILLS
                      Chavez
                      : I would say Chavez. His punching power, his durability, his accuracy.

BEST OVERALL
                      Chavez
                      : I think Chavez. He was a (three-division) world champion before I fought him. He (was) undefeated; he beat everyone. I had to think more, I had to be in better shape and be sharper.

Comment

Working...
                      X