• Show
Clear All

• Gotta love this thread. Classic!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
      Roger Mayweather - Feb 2016

BEST JAB
      Pernell Whitaker
      : I would say that Pernell Whitaker had the best jab. He was more schooled than all of them, as far as boxers go.

BEST DEFENSE
      Whitaker
      : I would say that Pernell Whitaker for best defense too. He just had more skills than all the others during the time.

BEST CHIN
      Julio Cesar Chavez
      : Julio Cesar Chavez had the best chin, in my opinion. I thought I had him gone a couple of times but he didn’t go. He had a chin (Laughs).

FASTEST HANDS
      Whitaker
      : There wasn’t anyone as fast as me but I know Pernell Whitaker was fast. On top of that, he was left-handed.

FASTEST FEET
      Whitaker
      : Pernell Whitaker was well-schooled, footwork-wise, and in boxing ability too.

SMARTEST
      Whitaker
      : I think it was Pernell Whitaker. Whitaker knew things about boxing and had more experience. He had way more boxing experience than me. I didn’t move out here to Vegas because I had 100 [amateur] fights. I probably had about 30 [amateur] fights, at the time. I came out here because I wanted to turn pro and I wanted to become world champion and I did that. Most people come out here because they think they want to do something. I knew what I wanted to do.

STRONGEST
      Juan Soberanes
      : Let me see…I know Julio had the best chin but I think that Juan Soberanes was strong too. I remember my loss in Laughlin, Nevada, to him. I felt like I was the better fighter going into the fight but he was tough and came out on top.

BEST PUNCHER
      Soberanes
      : There were quite a few of them that could punch. It’s hard to pick one. A few of them had me on the floor. I’m going to say Juan Soberanes for this one.

BEST SKILLS
      Julio Cesar Chavez and Pernell Whitaker
      : A couple had good skills: Julio Cesar Chavez and Pernell Whitaker. These were the best fighters during the time. Neither one of them had lost. They were well-schooled, as far as boxing goes.

Hector Camacho (with whom Mayweather had sparred) was a good fighter too. We boxed a lot but never fought (professionally). He was gifted too.

BEST OVERALL
      Whitake
      r: Probably Whitaker was the best. Julio Cesar Chavez was good too but Whitaker beat him, so I think he was the best.
      I read this whole thing in Rogers voice lol

Comment

• This is the best thread I’ve faced. Props.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
          poor mike

the saddest list of opps ive seen in these ''best ive faced''

Saddest list I've seen of these is Wladimir Klitschko. The Klitschko era was likely the worst in the history of the Heavyweight division.

Comment

still a sad ''best....''

Wladimir Klitschko, sadder, Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by True That View Post
              Saddest list I've seen of these is Wladimir Klitschko. The Klitschko era was likely the worst in the history of the Heavyweight division.
              you may deny it but i take it youre a tyson fan.

ribalta ????
              green ?????
              tubbs ?????

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                Mike Tyson - (Original interview from Jan 2014)

BEST JAB
                Tony Tucker:
                I had to be certain to slip well to keep from getting tagged.

BEST DEFENSE
                Larry Holmes:
                I have to say Larry Holmes even though I did win inside the distance. He was very tough to hit cleanly.

FASTEST HANDS
                Tony Tubbs:
                Tony Tubbs had the fastest hands. I was surprised how quick he let go with those combinations. And he was not afraid to throw them.

FASTEST FEET
                Mitch Green:
                I think Mitch Green had the fastest feet. It was very tough to set up near him and throw big shots.

BEST CHIN
                Jose Ribalta
                : I hit Jose Ribalta with everything, and he took everything and kept coming back for more.

SMARTEST
                Holmes:
                Larry Holmes was the smartest of all. It comes with being a champion for seven years.

STRONGEST
                Ribalta
                : Jose Ribalta stood toe to toe with me. He was very strong in the clinches.

BEST PUNCHER
                Holyfield:
                He threw terrific shots with both hands and with bad intentions.

BEST BOXER
                Tucker:
                He had an excellent jab, moved well and was very tough to hit clean.

BEST OVERALL
                Holyfield
                : Great champion: chin, heart, determination, work ethic, demeanor.
                holy beat him and holmes was gone for 2 yrs when they fought.

sad

Comment

holy beat him and holmes was gone for 2 yrs when they fought.

sad

Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield defined their era, they fought each other and are from the same era.

Look at Klitschko's list:

Sultan Ibragimov, Tony Thompson, Eddie Chambers.......ouch

The Klitschko era was the worst era in Heavyweight history.

Comment

you may deny it but i take it youre a tyson fan.

ribalta ????
                    green ?????
                    tubbs ?????

See above ^^^^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by True That View Post
                      Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield defined their era, they fought each other and are from the same era.

Look at Klitschko's list:

Sultan Ibragimov, Tony Thompson, Eddie Chambers.......ouch

The Klitschko era was the worst era in Heavyweight history.
                      tyson lost to the best guys he fought (and they werent even close fights).

the titles tyson took were from crackheads
                      berbick ?!?!?!
                      thomas ?!?!?!
                      shot tucker ?!?!?!?
                      seldon ?!?!?!?

the holmes tyson fought would have lost to Sultan Ibragimov, Tony Thompson, Eddie Chambers

tyson reign ended once he fought legit guys. thats why he rarely ever fought them.

Comment

Working...
                      X