No announcement yet.

Maidana ducking the 147 division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maidana ducking the 147 division?

After the guy beats the weakest link in Broner for a title and gets called upon to fight gayweather(cherrypick gone wrong) only to give it his all and still come up short .(to the judges) did the guy really earn the right to turn down any fighter who's not named gayweather? Is he afraid he will be defeated by a lesser opponent?his resume is absolute **** is this guy molding into the newest fraud in the sport

Ban me again
    Yes
    32.26%
    No
    67.74%

I don't think he is ducking... He has a legit chance of landing a rematch with Floyd.. Why sign for another fight before Floyd makes his decision..

Plus from what I've read recently about Maidana, it seems he has his eye on retirement..

Maidana has given us fans years of wars and exciting fights, so I'm not going to be super critical of him in this situation..

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      I don't think he is ducking... He has a legit chance of landing a rematch with Floyd.. Why sign for another fight before Floyd makes his decision..

Plus from what I've read recently about Maidana, it seems he has his eye on retirement..

Maidana has given us fans years of wars and exciting fights, so I'm not going to be super critical of him in this situation..
      cool story man ..can you name his defining victory's

Comment

Ducking? He's been at welterweight for years now.

Comment

He has paid his dues, now it's time for the paychecks. He beat Broner and Mayweather, there's really not much else that he can accomplish or be excited about at this point except perhaps a Pacquiao fight which he has expressed interest for as well. Would you as a fighter be looking to fight lesser guys after beating mayweather? He is at the top of the mountain, not looking back down anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
            cool story man ..can you name his defining victory's
            I'm not talking about his resume,,,

You can't deny that Maidana has given us fans tons of good exciting fights over the years won or lose..

And if Maidana has such a crap resume like you say, then he would be idiot to look for another fight without first being 100% sure he was going to get a Floyd rematch..

Comment

Maidana ducking AB!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
                Ducking? He's been at welterweight for years now.
                Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                He has paid his dues, now it's time for the paychecks. He beat Broner and Mayweather, there's really not much else that he can accomplish or be excited about at this point except perhaps a Pacquiao fight which he has expressed interest for as well. Would you as a fighter be looking to fight lesser guys after beating mayweather? He is at the top of the mountain, not looking back down anymore.
                Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                I'm not talking about his resume,,,

You can't deny that Maidana has given us fans tons of good exciting fights over the years won or lose..

And if Maidana has such a crap resume like you say, then he would be idiot to look for another fight without first being 100% sure he was going to get a Floyd rematch..
                welterweight for years you say..oh yeah he loses every time he steps up in competition .. paid his dues? sure if you include getting dropped and beat by Khan and outboxed by Alexander oh wait he beat a alltimegreat in broner..Resume is **** .Exciting fights yeah but he couldn't beat old morales

Comment

welterweight for years you say..oh yeah he loses every time he steps up in competition .. paid his dues? sure if you include getting dropped and beat by Khan and outboxed by Alexander oh wait he beat a alltimegreat in broner..Resume is **** .Exciting fights yeah but he couldn't beat old morales
                  I get your complaints about him, but if you were him, do you sign for another fight vs ghost, Thurman, porter, etc or do you wait it out looking to land a Floyd rematch...

I just don't think you can call it ducking..

Comment

After the guy beats the weakest link in Broner for a title and gets called upon to fight gayweather(cherrypick gone wrong) only to give it his all and still come up short .(to the judges) did the guy really earn the right to turn down any fighter who's not named gayweather? Is he afraid he will be defeated by a lesser opponent?his resume is absolute **** is this guy molding into the newest fraud in the sport

Ban me again

Hes earned the right to do whatever he damn pleases. If he wants to retire and live a quiet happy life with his family in argentina then so be it. Its his career and life. LOL hilarious, internet peons telling a warrior if hes earned his rights or not.

Comment

Working...
                    X